Windows 10: I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off?

Discus and support I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off? It makes me change my PIN every 90 days and I'd rather not have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WTepper, Oct 4, 2020.

1. WTepper Win User

I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off?

I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off? It makes me change my PIN every 90 days and I'd rather not have an organization set my personal computer's behavior. How can I undo this without resetting the computer?

:)

WTepper, Oct 4, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Setting up Exchange on Andriod with school Office 365 account

It depends if your school has blocked access for setting up on mobile device email clients. Contact your school or ask an instructor if they have a step-by-step guide to setup up on a mobile client if allowed.

bro67, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Oct 4, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off?

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. I allowed my school to manage my device for free office products, can I turn this off? - Similar Threads - allowed school manage

2. My device turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device turns off: My computer turns off if I network the controller, what's the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-turns-off/592d34e2-a231-43f0-9e17-7428525c21b7
  3. My device turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device turns off: My computer turns off if I network the controller, what's the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-turns-off/592d34e2-a231-43f0-9e17-7428525c21b7
  4. My device turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  6. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  7. Does checking the "Allow my Organization to Manage My Device" in Teams in Office 365...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does checking the "Allow my Organization to Manage My Device" in Teams in Office 365...: I have a Surface Laptop 3. Everything was going well with the machine until I installed Teams and checked "Allow My Organization to Manage My Device" in Office 365. PLEASE NOTE THIS MACHINE IS NOT DOMAIN JOINED.Now I cannot use Windows Hello face recognition at all. The error...
  8. I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally allowed my school to manage my device from Microsoft Teams.: I have already disconnected my school account, but I cannot sign into Microsoft Edge with my personal account and it gives me a code: 0x800704ec I am using Windows 10 Pro. Also, some of my device settings have been locked or hidden. Furthermore, my personal account's PIN has...
  9. Allow my organization to manage my device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow my organization to manage my device: Hello Everyone, I have a question, currently my work IT requested that in Microsoft Teams installed on my PC to check "Allow my organization to manage my device". Noting that I do not have the pass for this Microsoft Teams account, since the IT input it whenever MS Teams...
  10. Allow PC to turn off device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow PC to turn off device: Good day I am currently having an issue with USB and HID devices on a Del 5289 2 in 1 laptop... When I check the sleep states supported by the laptop it gives me S0 only but Windows 10 has this funny option which is ticked or turned on by default which is: "Allow the...