Windows 10: I almost had a heart attack today

Discus and support I almost had a heart attack today in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 is a disaster now. Started my pc today to a desktop with no icons on it with error saying files are corrupted and unreadable. Contacted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anti-Dreamer, Jan 10, 2020.

1. I almost had a heart attack today

Windows 10 is a disaster now. Started my pc today to a desktop with no icons on it with error saying files are corrupted and unreadable. Contacted microsoft, they didn’t know what to do. Why do I have to reset my windows every 2 months? Please fix this!

submitted by /u/Anti-Dreamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anti-Dreamer, Jan 10, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Hearts Deluxe

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I'll be glad to assist you.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Is this issue specific with Hearts deluxe?
    • Are you facing the same issue with other games also?
    I would suggest you to uninstall the game and reinstall it and check if it helps.

For better assistance on this, I would suggest you to contact Hearts deluxe support and check if it helps.

Refer the link below:
    http://www.randomsaladgames.com/support.html

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I almost had a heart attack today

Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article, Click HERE

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

I almost had a heart attack today

1. I almost had a heart attack today - Similar Threads - almost heart attack

2. I have had it with Windows today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had it with Windows today: I cannot download photos from ANY website - I receive this message for example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-it-with-windows-today/8b62c7bd-004c-4dea-9100-1c5c45d85789
  3. I have had it with Windows today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had it with Windows today: I cannot download photos from ANY website - I receive this message for example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-it-with-windows-today/8b62c7bd-004c-4dea-9100-1c5c45d85789
  4. Just had a denial of service attack

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Just had a denial of service attack: Yes i filled out my unemployment ,then i was going to go to outlook live to look at emails and browser would not load outlook. Uninstalled opera and thought i will just use the edge for awhile ,well that would not load either or connect to internet ,so i ran network...
  5. Audio messed up in a update i had today

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio messed up in a update i had today: Don't know what happened cant find out how to fix this on google. Everything is very distorted sounding. Headphone are fine, the update triggered something. submitted by /u/im_naughty [link] [comments]...
  6. Heart Attack Every Time I Restart Win 10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Heart Attack Every Time I Restart Win 10 ver 1909: The idea of restarting my computer absolutely paralyzes me. Each time I do I am first greeted with a blue screen asking for me to choose a language for my keyboard. After selecting EN the next screen has a list of six things I can do (SysRestore, Uninstall Update, Open...
  7. I heart Radio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I heart Radio: Was wondering why when I download I HEART radio when I tried to add songs to my playlist which is supposed to be unlimited as member of ALL ACESS did it ask me to get a music pass. Are we expected to pay for two services to be able to download songs to playlists? If so that...
  8. OS had a heart attack (re-upload)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS had a heart attack (re-upload): hello, i have never seen this before on my pc and it is worrying me. first i noticed some of my keyboard keys stopped working but not all of them, i restarted my pc but it didnt help. i plugged in another keyboard and the keys started working again. but when i did i heard a...
  9. OS had a heart attack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS had a heart attack: hello, i have never seen this before on my pc and it is worrying me. first i noticed some of my keyboard keys stopped working but not all of them, i restarted my pc but it didnt help. i plugged in another keyboard and the keys started working again. but when i did i heard a...
  10. Today's leading causes of DDoS attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Today's leading causes of DDoS attacks: Distributed denial of service attacks are growing ever bigger. Here's what's causing them. Last fall, we saw the biggest distibuted denial of service (DDoS) attack ever. This year we'll see even bigger ones. According to Akamai's latest State of the Internet Security report,...