Windows 10: I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home...

Discus and support I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already found the way to & deleted old drivers, but there is still something trying to find “c:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet6700\bin\HPStatusBL.dll”... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartyTruss, Jul 6, 2020.

1. I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home...

I already found the way to & deleted old drivers, but there is still something trying to find “c:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet6700\bin\HPStatusBL.dll”

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. BTW it is Home version. Must be something in the startup that's looking for it?

Marty

Version 1909 installed 2/21/2020 OS build 18363.900 in case this might help.

:)

MartyTruss, Jul 6, 2020

2. Remove Old Driver on Windows 10 Home

I have deleted my printer okay and want to install a new one and my old driver which I will never use again is still on my computer. I want to remove it, but Windows Home 10 does not support Print Management to do it. Can someone suggest a work around
    for print driver removal?

nevets flex, Jul 6, 2020
  3. RaziCh Win User
    Windows 10 Home Printer Driver Installation Error Module Not Found

Hi Sachin,

I am grateful for your prompt response and valuable suggestions to address the reported installation issue.

The given 3 methods for installing printer drivers were tried out but unluckily did not work in this case.

Method 1: Printer troubleshooter has not detected any issue in this regard.

Method 2: The driver installation was not working, when the printer spooler service was stopped as mentioned in step 4 of this method.

Method 3: Stopping windows firewall has not shown any visible effect with reference to installing printer driver and the result remained same as was originally reported..

The steps given in the reference link were also tried but none of them was found to solve the reported issue.

After completing the unsuccessful installation , further findings in this regard were as follows:

1. The printer is not appearing in devices and printers while the the newly installed driver is appearing in drivers tab of print server properties.

2. The registry entry for the printer being installed was found at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-3

But similar entry was not found at the other path i.e.:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers

Further suggestions / comments in this regard are requested and awaited please to solve the reported issue in Windows 10 Home version.

Best Regards

Razi

RaziCh, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home...

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home...

1. I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home... - Similar Threads - already found delete

2. I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them: I just cut, then go to file explorer and paste them where I want them to be. Hope this is helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-found-a-way-to-delete-icons-from-my-desktop/920917f5-c29f-4664-ba2f-bdaaa665d965
  3. I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them: I just cut, then go to file explorer and paste them where I want them to be. Hope this is helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-found-a-way-to-delete-icons-from-my-desktop/920917f5-c29f-4664-ba2f-bdaaa665d965
  4. Revive Your Old Printer: Reliable Drivers Found?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Revive Your Old Printer: Reliable Drivers Found?: Struggling with outdated printer drivers? Visit https://www.freeprinterdriverdownload.org/how-to-install-a-printer-driver-manually-through-usb-add-a-printer-method/ for working drivers. Don't miss our step-by-step guide on YouTube. Revitalize your old printer...
  5. Revive Your Old Printer: Reliable Drivers Found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revive Your Old Printer: Reliable Drivers Found?: Struggling with outdated printer drivers? Visit https://www.freeprinterdriverdownload.org/how-to-install-a-printer-driver-manually-through-usb-add-a-printer-method/ for working drivers. Don't miss our step-by-step guide on YouTube. Revitalize your old printer...
  6. Revive Your Old Printer: Reliable Drivers Found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion: Why is it absolutely crucial for Microsoft to delete printer/scanner drivers with virtually every Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-driver-deletion/b67a274a-4979-464b-89ab-8034a7763be0
  8. I can't delete my old printer driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't delete my old printer driver: I tried to delete my old printer driver and reinstall it again, but I couldn't remove the old driver. Every time I try to delete it it show an error message that says: "Error 2147467259: Failed to find driver packages to process". I tried every article on Microsoft...
  9. Deleting old games from previous windows install - Windows 10 Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old games from previous windows install - Windows 10 Xbox App: Hi, I have hundreds of gigs on different harddrives locked by "Windows Apps" from games installed by Xbox game app. Some of them are from a previous install, some of them are installs which have failed and after changing harddrive location. Taking "Ownership" of the...
  10. deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home: I am pretty sure that I had a bit of a brain fart and deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-my-built-in-printer-driver-for-my-windows/50684050-2e9d-4d47-8738-f0cdf4d29b35