Windows 10: I already updated to Windows 10 1809, what am I supposed to do?

Discus and support I already updated to Windows 10 1809, what am I supposed to do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I heard everywhere that the new Windows 10 October Update is supposedly deleting user’s files. When 1809 was released, I updated instantly since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by derpression, Oct 8, 2018.

1. I already updated to Windows 10 1809, what am I supposed to do?

So I heard everywhere that the new Windows 10 October Update is supposedly deleting user’s files.

When 1809 was released, I updated instantly since I thought nothing would be wrong. It would only be a few days later before I knew about this.

Since I had set up a dual boot on my PC beforehand, I’m alright with using Windows 7 for now. However I would like to get back onto Windows 10 without deleting any files.

I could go back to Windows 10 and go straight for the rollback button, but would I delete any files in the process? Is there an alternate way I could without losing any of my personal files? I would appreciate any help from you.

:)

derpression, Oct 8, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809) Update Stuck at 42%

Windows 10 1809 is just a day old. My suggestion is to hold on till the first cumulative updates arrive.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I already updated to Windows 10 1809, what am I supposed to do?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

I already updated to Windows 10 1809, what am I supposed to do?

1. I already updated to Windows 10 1809, what am I supposed to do? - Similar Threads - already updated 1809

2. How am I supposed to find updated drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to find updated drivers?: I'm having issues with some of my USB controllers and support articles are suggesting I update my drivers on USBs and the devices connected to my USBs. The latter is easy enough, but the former seems difficult. When I right-click on the Host Controller [intelr usb 3.20...
  3. How am I supposed to find updated drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How am I supposed to find updated drivers?: I'm having issues with some of my USB controllers and support articles are suggesting I update my drivers on USBs and the devices connected to my USBs. The latter is easy enough, but the former seems difficult. When I right-click on the Host Controller [intelr usb 3.20...
  4. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  5. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  6. Windows 10 already activated, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 already activated, what should I do?: In the past I had installed a pirated activated copy of windows 10 on my pc and I had logged in to my microsoft account. Since then I have formatted the pc and I reinstalled windows 10 from the official microsoft software page (here...
  7. What am I supposed to do now? I NEED help

What am I supposed to do now? I NEED help: TL;DR at bottom So I got my PC in August for school as I am a 3D animation student and needed a solid laptop to run the programs. When I first got it the program was crashing after having a really simple scene open for about 30 minutes. When it crashed I got the blue screen...
  8. What am I supposed to do now?? (Nothing works after 2004+bios update)

What am I supposed to do now?? (Nothing works after 2004+bios update): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/isc30 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwm368/what_am_i_supposed_to_do_now_nothing_works_after/
  9. What the hell am I supposed to do with this. PC doesn’t react

What the hell am I supposed to do with this. PC doesn’t react: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ilostmyguacamole [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhewmh/what_the_hell_am_i_supposed_to_do_with_this_pc/
  10. what am I supposed to do know, if it's already approved then what am I waiting for, I've...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what am I supposed to do know, if it's already approved then what am I waiting for, I've...: [ATTACH]this makes no sense, what do I do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-supposed-to-do-know-if-its-already/840b16c7-bb18-4923-bc58-5edd391c1787