Windows 10: I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings

Discus and support I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have not had this problem before. down loaded a app went to app store and it shows it was purchased but nowhere on my files or in store only thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichScardino, Apr 28, 2020.

1. I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings

Have not had this problem before. down loaded a app went to app store and it shows it was purchased but nowhere on my files or in store only thing I can find a problem in. That's why I checked my system . and found the above statement.

" illegal state change "

:)

RichScardino, Apr 28, 2020

2. An illegal state change was requested

I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click
    to "Update info", it prompts me to enter my password, then a small window appears just like an error message, saying "An illegal state change was requested".

What is this ? And how can I solve this issue ??

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you !

MihaiCservenecz, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Illegal state change request???

When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change!

ArthurFox1, Apr 28, 2020
  4. I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings

1. I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings - Similar Threads - getting illegal state

2. When trying to verify get "An illegal state change was requested"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to verify get "An illegal state change was requested": When trying to verify through account settings on my PC I get "An illegal state change was requested" The error says: Windows Security, We couldn't sign you in, my user name, my email and "An illegal state change was requested"I updated to Windows 11 no help. My internet...
  3. When trying to verify get "An illegal state change was requested"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to verify get "An illegal state change was requested": When trying to verify through account settings on my PC I get "An illegal state change was requested" The error says: Windows Security, We couldn't sign you in, my user name, my email and "An illegal state change was requested"I updated to Windows 11 no help. My internet...
  4. Illegal State Change error when trying to change Microsoft account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Illegal State Change error when trying to change Microsoft account on PC: My MS account on my PC Accounts Page is no longer "valid", it's an old account and the password is locked or not working for some other reason. Without this account, I'm not able to do anything that requires me to log in with my MS Windows account. In the "Accounts" settings,...
  5. Illegal State Change error when trying to change Microsoft account on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Illegal State Change error when trying to change Microsoft account on PC: My MS account on my PC Accounts Page is no longer "valid", it's an old account and the password is locked or not working for some other reason. Without this account, I'm not able to do anything that requires me to log in with my MS Windows account. In the "Accounts" settings,...
  6. Illegal State Change error when trying to change Microsoft account on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Illegal state change

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Illegal state change: Hi, I recently bought Halo Wars 2 on my PC via the Microsoft store. Howevr when I open the game and try to sign in, it just states "illegal state change has been requested". So I tried logging into Xbox.com which worked and I also changed my password but still cant log in...
  8. Microsoft account illegal state change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account illegal state change: So recently I built my own gaming computer and was switching a bunch of older account info onto my own personal email from one of my parents emails, and this included my xbox/microsoft account. Ever since I did this though I haven't been able to sign into my microsoft...
  9. Verify Info - An illegal state change was requested

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verify Info - An illegal state change was requested: I'm trying to verify my account from my Account Information but every time I type my password in I get the message "An illegal state change was requested." No idea what this is supposed to mean but I can't do much of anything on my computer when it comes to my account - not...
  10. Illegal State Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Illegal State Change: Recently changed the alias of my primary email for my microsoft account, can sign in with the new gmail from a browser just fine. However, when attempting to verify my microsoft account under the settings of my laptop I am met with an "illegal state change" notification and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an illegal state change was requested

2. microsoft account illegal state change requested