Windows 10: I always see the top of my desktop

Discus and support I always see the top of my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just got this laptop that runs on windows 10 and noticed something strange. When I have a browser open, even in full screen, the screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JcFlow, Sep 3, 2018.

1. JcFlow Win User

I always see the top of my desktop

Hello,

I just got this laptop that runs on windows 10 and noticed something strange. When I have a browser open, even in full screen, the screen is not covered fully. I can always so the top side of my background on the desktop. I really do not think that this is a new feature for windows because it would be a pretty bad adjustment. Anyone know how I can get the screen to extend fully?

:)

JcFlow, Sep 3, 2018

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Slartybart, Sep 3, 2018
  4. I always see the top of my desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

I always see the top of my desktop

1. I always see the top of my desktop - Similar Threads - always top desktop

2. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  3. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  4. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  5. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  6. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  7. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Always On Top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  9. Chrome always on top

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome always on top: This is driving me nuts! Chrome operates normally in Windows 10 for a while. But then, at some stage it switches to always on top. I have to close Chrome and reopen for this to clear. But then after a while, it goes into always on top mode again. There seems to be some...
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895