Windows 10: I am able to access internet only in safe mode

Discus and support I am able to access internet only in safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having Windows 10. Recently I am able to access the internet only in the safe mode. On checking the updates for windows, I found the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Godfrey Rajkumar, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I am able to access internet only in safe mode

I am having Windows 10. Recently I am able to access the internet only in the safe mode. On checking the updates for windows, I found the following screen. Can someone help? Even "Fix Issues" do not help. I am able to access internet only in safe mode 11873ae0-ecd8-447a-ba68-45e4fe623421?upload=true.png

:)

Godfrey Rajkumar, Feb 12, 2020

2. Unable to access Internet while in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you able to connect to internet through normal mode?

2) Do you receive any error message, while trying to connect to internet in safe mode?

I would suggest you to try updating your network drivers by booting your system in normal mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 12, 2020
  4. I am able to access internet only in safe mode

Windows 10 no internet connection in safe mode with networking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following information to assist you better.

• Are you able to connect to the internet when the computer boots normally?

• Is there something specific that you are trying to do in safe mode?
    I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps:

• In search, type Troubleshooting

• Click on network and internet option.

• Click Internet connection

• Run the troubleshooter.

• Follow the on screen suggestions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

I am able to access internet only in safe mode

1. I am able to access internet only in safe mode - Similar Threads - able access internet

2. I am stuck in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck in safe mode.: My laptop hasnt been able to connect to a wifi for the past few months and now I have also forgotten my laptop sign-in pin.Unfortunately I am unable to reset the pin without wifi connection. I tried searching for ways to also reset my laptop to see if I can login without the...
  3. I am stuck in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am stuck in safe mode.: My laptop hasnt been able to connect to a wifi for the past few months and now I have also forgotten my laptop sign-in pin.Unfortunately I am unable to reset the pin without wifi connection. I tried searching for ways to also reset my laptop to see if I can login without the...
  4. I cant seem to access the internet in "Safe mode with networking"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant seem to access the internet in "Safe mode with networking": I am on,Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01-‎08-‎2023 OS build 22621.2283 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0 When i click '5' or 'f5' in the startup repair troubleshooter to access safe mode with networking, it boots into safe mode...
  5. I cant seem to access the internet in "Safe mode with networking"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant seem to access the internet in "Safe mode with networking": I am on,Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01-‎08-‎2023 OS build 22621.2283 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0 When i click '5' or 'f5' in the startup repair troubleshooter to access safe mode with networking, it boots into safe mode...
  6. Not able to login in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login in safe mode.: Hi, I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still asking password. Everytime it is showing password is incorrect. I tried again after changing the password. Still not working....
  7. Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode: Hello. My PC has been experiencing IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors a few times a day. I’ve also gotten CRITICAL PROCESS DIED every now and then. I am currently unable to access safe mode due to DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION errors. I have reinstalled Windows 10 twice already, and it...
  8. I am stuck with safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am stuck with safe mode: When set up msconfig into safemode to boot default I can't sign in because my password is incorrect, now I am stuck with safemode. I don't know why, I tried everything! But it keeps telling me that to sign in and my password is incorrect when its not..tried to fix this up but...
  9. Internet only available in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet only available in safe mode: Hi to all. Yesterday I tried to update my antivirus (COMODO interent security) and after upgrade, It asked for restart. (I was using Windows 10 Pro 1607). I restarted the windows & suddenly the COMODO stopped working! I uninstalled COMODO & restarted, went to internet &...
  10. internet only in safe mode; what to look for

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet only in safe mode; what to look for: Win 10 on PC; AT&T Uverse; Ethernet For the last couple of weeks my internet connection has been intermittent, and online times getting shorter. Today I was unable to get on the internet at all. Updating the network driver didn't help. I first contacted my service provider...