Windows 10: i am administrator and i don't have the authority to control printer settings

Discus and support i am administrator and i don't have the authority to control printer settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not want to have a workgroup because it just invites other people to log in and create total permissions to do what they want. can't I just leave... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by curtisnichols1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. i am administrator and i don't have the authority to control printer settings

I do not want to have a workgroup because it just invites other people to log in and create total permissions to do what they want. can't I just leave that out

:)

curtisnichols1, Dec 11, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Printer

Printer listed in Control Panal but it said "Printer is offline" need to get on line and start prining? don''t know if that is it or just what.

James R. E. W., Dec 12, 2018
  4. i am administrator and i don't have the authority to control printer settings

How to access administrative settings to authorize the download

Hi James,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide us the following information:

• Are you logged in using Local account\ Administrator account?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Ravi.Shankar from the following link.

Windows 8 says i need administrator permission to install a driver but i am the adminsistrator

(Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Do update us with the above information, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

i am administrator and i don't have the authority to control printer settings

1. i am administrator and i don't have the authority to control printer settings - Similar Threads - administrator don't authority

2. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  3. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  4. Administrator authority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator authority: After format and installing Windows 10 even though I am Administrator . I can't copy files to flash drive USB. Note that the flash works on another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/418a8123-b9b9-4447-952d-fe2fe223d069
  5. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  6. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  7. Settings managed by administrator I am administrator

Settings managed by administrator I am administrator: I have a problem where most of my settings can not be changed due to an old connection to AAD which I believe I have already removed. I do not want to reinstall my system, how can I fix the issue?...
  8. I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings

I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings: I am administrator on a personal computer but I can't change account settings or access admin center. It says I'm not authorised to use this page.[Original Title: Administrator]...
  9. I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...

I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...: Windows 10, fresh install, I am administrator, no other accounts. I cannot access disk partitioning, user account controls, and probably much more because I apparently don't have control over the computer I paid for with the operating system I paid for. Everything worked...
  10. i have a new printer and i am trying to print, but don't have any cd to help set it up. can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have a new printer and i am trying to print, but don't have any cd to help set it up. can...: i have a new printer and i am trying to print, but don't have any cd to help set it up. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-printer-and-i-am-trying-to-print-but/c962d498-0753-4771-ac5b-41fb605ad6c1