Windows 10: I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Discus and support I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hi all, I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. When I run no USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amar mazin, Jan 4, 2021.

1. I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Split from this thread.​

Hi all,

I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. When I run no USB installer I have created, I get a that "Setup has failed to validate the product key."

When I go to web>search windows 10 pro> download

but windows 7 has ended 2020 and win8 and 8.1 has ended for 2023 more in a win10 and more has ended for 2029 :

I know the copy of Windows 7 Pro on this machine is legitimate because I bought it new and it came with Windows 7 Pro already installed. It seems to have been corrupted somehow.

Unfortunately, the sticker for the Windows 7 key has worn off. However, I later purchased but never installed a Windows 8 key which I still have.

Any idea how I can upgrade this system?

Thanks, bye

:)

Amar mazin, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 4, 2021
  4. I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers for HP Probook 4520s

Windows 10 64-bit Bluetooth drivers for HP Probook 4520s

Product Name: hp probook 4520s

Operating System: Windows 10

I cannot locate any Windows 10 64-bit Bluetooth drivers to connect my Jambox speaker to my HP 4520s Notebook.

On the HP site, Win 10 is not even an option listed under
    Operating System but I've searched the site anyway.

History: I did the Windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade with their download coming from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Device Manager does not show any Bluetooth device attached, and my attempts to pair the Jambox with the Probook results in no devices found. The Jambox
    worked fine with Win 7 drivers prior to the upgrade. The Wi-Fi works perfectly.

I have tried several Win 7 drivers, Win 8 drivers, and Intel drivers, but no joy!

HP is unable to provide any assistance on this matter.

Anyone have an answer?

Duke3_8355, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

1. I am amar I having a problem upgrading my HP Probook running Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - amar having problem

2. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  3. i have window 7 pro key how i upgrade to window 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have window 7 pro key how i upgrade to window 10 pro: can i use my window 7 pro key in window 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-window-7-pro-key-how-i-upgrade-to-window-10/119caa8f-0b23-47e3-991e-a2d2052b8e22
  4. i have window 7 pro key how i upgrade to window 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have window 7 pro key how i upgrade to window 10 pro: can i use my window 7 pro key in window 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-window-7-pro-key-how-i-upgrade-to-window-10/119caa8f-0b23-47e3-991e-a2d2052b8e22
  5. Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro problems: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a USB drive. It has failed to install 3 times. I uninstalled unnecessary apps and disabled all anti virus software disconnected wireless internet and booted from USB drive after all updates were current. Sits at loading files for 4 hours...
  6. microsoft download windows 10 for my hp laptop i am running on windows 7 and 8 and i need...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft download windows 10 for my hp laptop i am running on windows 7 and 8 and i need...: I need to download windows 10 I did have it and then I uninstalled some time back as I found windows 7 & 8 was easier and I just updated now it tells me it is coming to a end and I need to install windows 10 could you pls tell me the official site safe to download for free...
  7. HP Probook Windows 10 Pro issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Probook Windows 10 Pro issues.: I have an HP ProBook 4430s that I received with Windows 7 installed, and I was resisting the urge to make it a dual boot system, because I was satisfied with the performance I got out of it, however, I ended up making it a dual boot, and this eventually led to me installing...
  8. I am running window 10 on my system. The problem i am having is my DVD will not play I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am running window 10 on my system. The problem i am having is my DVD will not play I am...: hello I am running window 10 on my system. The problem I am having is my DVD player will not play my movies. I am use Cyberlink Powder DVD 18 as my default player. Can some out there give me some help?...
  9. I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .: Respected Sir, I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . I attempted to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 by downloading window 10 from microsoft's original site. After download was complete I tried for installation, during installation, process somehow...
  10. I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro: No problems only question is do I have to drop out of the Insiders Program? I made a 500MB un-allocated space before Win 7 , didn't know if I had to but since it was there in 10 I did. 8771