Windows 10: I am asking that right now I have an Intel HD 5500 Graphic Card. So can Install that Inel...

Discus and support I am asking that right now I have an Intel HD 5500 Graphic Card. So can Install that Inel... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DontDare6, Jan 24, 2020.

1. I am asking that right now I have an Intel HD 5500 Graphic Card. So can Install that Inel...

/u/DontDare6, Jan 24, 2020

2. Intel HD Graphics 5500 card Not Fully Compatible with Windows 10??

So I have this same screen flickering problem that it seems anyone with an Intel HD 5500 graphics card has when running windows 10. I have too have a Lenovo THinkpad, X1 Carbon 20BS model. With the above graphics card.

When I turn the laptop on, the screen flashes in and out, but the laptop is technically still functional. This normally carries on indefinitely, but occasionally stops long enough to actually troubleshoot a bit.

Here is what I have done/tried, to no avail:

• Updated all bios, chipset, and other firmware/drivers from the Lenovo support site, and using the onboard (Lenovo Service Bridge). These are all current now including the newest video driver from their website
      Intel HD Graphics Driver ver. 10.18.15.4256

• I then went to try other video card drivers and the laptop won’t let me install them to even see if they would work, including 8.1 64bit, and win 7 64 bit.

• I uninstalled the current driver, once this is done it will stop flashing for a while (minutes) until it relizes it can install a newer one, and does it. Then it goes back to flashing again.

• When into device manager and clicked update driver on the video card/display, and it redownloaded the same version driver but a none Lenovo one, it was intel/windows specific. This still didn’t fix it.

• Booting to safe mode, (Hold shift, click restart, select startup options), the screen is fine, and the HD 5500 driver doesn’t load up. So I can now troubleshoot in this mode for now. However nothing I am doing is working.

• Called Lenovo and they are sending someone out to replace the motherboard tomorrow, when I know that isn’t the issue, it is a driver conflict/issue.

• Lastly, per a few online polls I cleared off any USB related Video drivers that might have a conflict, displaylink software, and that didn’t help.
    Any thoughts on this? This is very frustrating and I don’t think it is necessarily a Lenovo thing, it has to be that HD 5500 driver that isn’t compatible. What are my next steps?

Thanks,

Trent Greenawalt, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Intel HD Graphics 5500 card Not Fully Compatible with Windows 10??

So far so good. I had a StarTech USB video card installed. I uninstalled the software/driver for that and then uninstalled the USB controllers and restarted. The USB controllers are back and the driver for the Intel HD Graphics 5500 is no longer showing
    an error. I still need to test if the external Blu-ray player works. I don't expect any problems with it. Also, I can also get the Intel HD Control Panel to actually open now - that was not working before.

WilliamMillerRN, Jan 24, 2020
  4. prelo Win User

I am asking that right now I have an Intel HD 5500 Graphic Card. So can Install that Inel...

Intel HD Graphics Driver

If your Intel Graphics card is one of the following :

Intel HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600 cards (4th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 cards (4th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5300 cards (Intel Core M Processors)

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (5th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5500, 6000 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 515, 520, 530 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Graphics 540, 550 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 (6th Generation)

try this, it works for many people:

1.- Download from this site the beta zip file (win64_154012.zip), and not the exe file:

Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

(for 32-bit download win32_154012.zip).

2.- Unzip the driver to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

3.- Right click on Start and choose Device Manager, Display adapters,
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

4.- Double click to open it (or right click and choose Properties).

5.- Click on the Driver tab and then on Update Driver.

6.- On the new tab click on Browse my computer for driver software.

7.- On the new tab click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

8.- On the new tab click on Have Disk.

9.- Click on Browse and then choose Windows\Temp\win64_154012\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
    (igdlh32.inf for 32-bit) and click on Open and then
    OK.

10..- On the new tab where Intel (R) HD Graphics Family is showing click on
    Next and let the driver to install.

11.- The new Driver Version is 20.19.15.4326 and is digitally signed.

Be aware to follow step by step all the procedure and do not try to use the wizard to update the driver directly, in many cases it won’t work.

prelo, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

I am asking that right now I have an Intel HD 5500 Graphic Card. So can Install that Inel...

1. I am asking that right now I have an Intel HD 5500 Graphic Card. So can Install that Inel... - Similar Threads - asking right Intel

2. Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-nvidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  3. Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-invidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  4. Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-invidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  5. Can I install invidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

6. Outdated Intel HD graphics card!

Outdated Intel HD graphics card!: Hello! I have a serious problem with my intel graphics card, its 37 months out of date, I updated it via windows update but its still from 2017 and not recent. My computer is an intel Celeron N3060, if you guys can send me a updated graphics driver that would be extremely...
  7. Intel HD graphics driver 5500?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD graphics driver 5500?: Got updated with windows 10 The Intel graphics driver has a new command center which was downloaded from ms store now I'm completely unable to fix the saturation and hue of my laptop It's asus x454l core i3 5th gen Please help me how do I set the color of my laptop It's way...
  8. Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.

Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.: I updated my video driver because The new Adobe premiere said I had to to operate properly. I updated the driver, and then Adobe Premiere run fine. I went to open Premiere again I got the message again to update my driver. I checked the properties and the driver automatically...
  9. Can i completly disable Intel HD Graphics?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can i completly disable Intel HD Graphics?: When i open the task manager at performence i see this GPU 0 who is Intel HD Graphics I prefer to disable it and use my dedicated video card who in this moment is an GTX 660[ATTACH]...
  10. How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500: My laptop specs are: i5-5200u Intel HD 5500/GT 940m 8gb ram 15.6" 720p display Whenever I try to set a 1080p custom resolution via graphics properties i get the error, "this resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity". After a whole day of googling i have found...