Windows 10: I am at 90% memory usage, but cannot find the reason why.

Discus and support I am at 90% memory usage, but cannot find the reason why. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys! I am currently using Windows 10, My memory usage is fluctuating between 85%-95%, and I cannot seem to find out the reason why. I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Duffo, May 4, 2021.

1. Duffo Win User

I am at 90% memory usage, but cannot find the reason why.

Hey guys! I am currently using Windows 10, My memory usage is fluctuating between 85%-95%, and I cannot seem to find out the reason why. I downloaded RamMap to see what my Nonpaged Pool was at, and it is sitting at 4,851,008 K. This is definitely what is causing the issue. I then downloaded Process Explorer to see if I can see what is taking up all of the Nonpaged Pool, and Nothing in there is using anywhere close to as much memory as being described. I could really use some help! Here are some photos for reference.

:)

Duffo, May 4, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums.

I count some 50-60 Chrome processes in your screenshots. Just how many tabs do you have open? I can push my memory usage up to 90% by opening some 35 tabs in Firefox....

I am at 90% memory usage, but cannot find the reason why. [​IMG]

...but that quickly drops to a more normal 66% if I close all bar one of the tabs....

....and down to 50% if I close Firefox.

Bree, May 4, 2021
  3. Duffo Win User

Hey guys! I am currently using Windows 10, My memory usage is fluctuating between 85%-95%, and I cannot seem to find out the reason why. I downloaded RamMap to see what my Nonpaged Pool was at, and it is sitting at 4,851,008 K. This is definitely what is causing the issue. I then downloaded Process Explorer to see if I can see what is taking up all of the Nonpaged Pool, and Nothing in there is using anywhere close to as much memory as being described. I could really use some help!

Here are some photos for reference.

Duffo, May 4, 2021
  4. Duffo Win User

- - - Updated - - -

I only have 4 tabs open, as I'm finishing some work.

Duffo, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. I am at 90% memory usage, but cannot find the reason why. - Similar Threads - 90% memory usage

2. W10 Device memory usage up to 90+% every 4-5 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 Device memory usage up to 90+% every 4-5 days: Hello I'm currently having a problem with my Windows 10 device. Every 4 - 5 days the memory usage goes up to 90+% and the device gets so slow it almost becomes unusable. The only way to bring the memory down is by rebooting the device but after a few days the mem usage is up...
  3. W10 Device memory usage up to 90+% every 4-5 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Device memory usage up to 90+% every 4-5 days: Hello I'm currently having a problem with my Windows 10 device. Every 4 - 5 days the memory usage goes up to 90+% and the device gets so slow it almost becomes unusable. The only way to bring the memory down is by rebooting the device but after a few days the mem usage is up...
  4. W10 Device memory usage up to 90+% every 4-5 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?: So, I have a client whos laptop is constantly going out of sync in terms of date and time. When I looked at the sync settings and compared them with mine, I noticed that 2 settings are completely missing. "Set time zone automatically" and "Set time automatically". Not having...
  6. Why suddenly i am seeing High memory usage in taskmanagar, ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why suddenly i am seeing High memory usage in taskmanagar, ?: i was editing video in vegas pro, after a restart suddenly my ram usage is so high as well as i am facing slow restarts & shutdown !What is happening i don't know, i really need urgent help, if anyone can help me, i will never forget his favour in my lifetime.what i tried ?...
  7. Why suddenly i am seeing High memory usage in taskmanagar, ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why suddenly i am seeing High memory usage in taskmanagar, ?: i was editing video in vegas pro, after a restart suddenly my ram usage is so high as well as i am facing slow restarts & shutdown !What is happening i don't know, i really need urgent help, if anyone can help me, i will never forget his favour in my lifetime.what i tried ?...
  8. 90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work: The day i bought my laptop with inbuilt windows i felt my laptop performance is slow, the i just checked me ram usage and it showed 3/3.9GB. I just open chrome and McAfee antivirus and suddenly my laptop became slow. Everything is up to date support assist doesn't show any...
  9. 90% + RAM Usage on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    90% + RAM Usage on boot: Hey Folks, Pretty much out of ideas when it comes to fixing this issue. I require my PC for my job as I'm a full time streamer but having my memory locked at 99% all the time is making my content unwatchable. I've tried to find fixes for Win 10 mem leak but all the forum...
  10. Insane memory usage, can't find leak.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insane memory usage, can't find leak.: I've been trying to figure out what this memory leak is, but it doesn't seem to be a driver issue or any malware. This only started happening when I installed windows 10. I have tried various resources trying to find what it using all the ram but no luck, and RAMMap hasn't...