Windows 10: I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password"

Discus and support I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; on windows 11 I can't use widgets at all. I click on the widgets button and up comes a dialog box that says "Because your accessing sensitive info, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Woodtm, May 29, 2023.

1. Woodtm Win User

I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password"

on windows 11 I can't use widgets at all. I click on the widgets button and up comes a dialog box that says "Because your accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password:". First off I can't figure out why that is doing this. Secondly I enter my password and it does NOTHING. It closes widgets and as soon as I try to re-open them it pops back up. I am SOOO freaking frustrated with this and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

:)

Woodtm, May 29, 2023
  2. tfwul Win User

Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify....etc

Am using Outlook from Office 365 Home by default.

I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password" ve-info-you-need-verify-etc-windows-10-outlook-365-home-default-mail-application-22092019-074428.png

It is not limited to Outlook so it seems, as I got an error using Excel as well.

ACCOUNT ERROR
    Sorry, we can't get to your account right now. To fix
    this, please sign in again.
    Sign in..

which seems to be a regular occurrence
    office OR excel account error sign-in - Google Search

Not sure whether it has anything to do with the Windows Credential Manager.

tfwul, May 29, 2023
  3. tfwul Win User

Hi Shawn, many thanks for the above. Let's see. The "Because you're accessing sensitive info"-popups tend to show up at random. Sometimes in Excel, sometimes in Outlook.

BTW...
    On top I am a bit puzzled as to the 'wmic' listing, where I am displayed at the bottom, instead of at the top as administrator.
    Whereas under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts I am listed at administrator.

Any idea?

tfwul, May 29, 2023
  4. tfwul Win User

I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password"

So, all of a sudden a pop-up shows up:

I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password" g-sensitive-info-you-need-verify-etc-because-you-accessing-sensitive-info-pop-up-21092019-101251.png

I checked the event log.

FWIW it goes like this:

1. Source: Microsoft-Windows-HelloForBusiness: The Microsoft Passport service started successfully.
    2. Source: Microsoft-Windows-HelloForBusiness: The Microsoft Passport Container service started successfully.
    3. Source: Microsoft-Windows-LiveId: ## SOAP Request: <bla bla><bla bla><bla bla><bla bla>
    4: Source: Microsoft-Windows-LiveId: ## SOAP Response:<bla bla><bla bla><bla bla><bla bla>
    5. Source: Microsoft-Windows-LiveId: SOAP Request of type 1 for user CID 'ec2cff94fa795a44' in production environment received the following error code from the Microsoft Account server: 2147749900.

Entering my pw will temporarily solve this and it will stay away for a while, the next day it will pop up again, I am sure.

Running applications:
    Office 365 Home - Outlook and Excel, browser: Opera

A few emails are open, when this occurs.
    I can't close them, unless I enter my Microsoft password.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

tfwul, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password" - Similar Threads - wits end accessing

2. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  3. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  4. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

6. I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password"

I am at my wits end with "Because your accessing sensitive info....verify your password": on windows 11 I can't use widgets at all. I click on the widgets button and up comes a dialog box that says "Because your accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password:". First off I can't figure out why that is doing this. Secondly I enter my password and it...
  7. "Because you're accessing sensetive info, you need to verify your password."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Because you're accessing sensetive info, you need to verify your password.": Ok, how can I stop this appearing?It's already annoying.Do you want to watch a meme? Nope, it's sensetive. Do you download and watch some gameplay? Guess what, it's sensetive.Do you want to shitpost with cursed images? Well jokes on you, IT'S TOO SENSETIVE!I have verified my...
  8. "Because you're accessing sensetive info, you need to verify your password."

"Because you're accessing sensetive info, you need to verify your password.": Ok, how can I stop this appearing?It's already annoying.Do you want to watch a meme? Nope, it's sensetive. Do you download and watch some gameplay? Guess what, it's sensetive.Do you want to shitpost with cursed images? Well jokes on you, IT'S TOO SENSETIVE!I have verified my...
  9. "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password": Hello, recently when I try opening a Windows 10 app like Groove Music, Movies, or Photos, a popup will always appear asking me to enter my Microsoft account password even though I chose to keep the account as a local account to avoid this type of issues, after entering the...
  10. because you're accessing sensitive info you need to verify your password windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    because you're accessing sensitive info you need to verify your password windows 10: this is prompting continually .How to fix this?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/because-youre-accessing-sensitive-info-you-need-to/ef56a823-8ec1-43d2-b2aa-63c8b7f79f90

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Because you have been accessing sensitive information