Windows 10: I am at wit's end with trying to fix the BSOD errors, any help is appreciated.

Discus and support I am at wit's end with trying to fix the BSOD errors, any help is appreciated. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Context: I have a lenovo thinkpad T470 and about a month ago I updated my BIOS via lenovo vantage (its like lenovo's brand of windows update), this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pasmoules, May 12, 2020.

1. I am at wit's end with trying to fix the BSOD errors, any help is appreciated.

Context: I have a lenovo thinkpad T470 and about a month ago I updated my BIOS via lenovo vantage (its like lenovo's brand of windows update), this prompted a black screen while the laptop was on and unresponsive. I have taken my laptop to and from microcenter to get the issue fixed. They fixed the black screen problem, but I kept on getting BSOD errors almost daily. Eventually, I got fed up with it and brought it back to microcenter to just do a fresh OS reinstall. I got it back today and it has given the BSOD three times now.

I have been lurking around the internet to try and troubleshoot it. I've updated all the drivers using the device manage, I've checked the HDD/SDD if there was a bad sector on it (there wasn't), and I've run windows memory diagnostics with no problems resulted. I still think its a driver issue that I'm not software literate enough to solve it.

I am at a loss on how to solve this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have included the .dmp files for anyone to view. Thank you

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pkEpTdwgmqY_lQuqKE2HNEqbeEkQyy5g?usp=sharing

submitted by /u/Pasmoules
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pasmoules, May 12, 2020

2. Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. At my wit's end.

I built this PC at the end of the school year to be my primary PC for film color correction. A couple of months after the build, I was updating a driver and during reboot, the fans went to 100% and there was no video. KB + Mouse would light up though and I was even able to login (as confirmed by KB lights going from a wave to static) and then shut down the computer with a quick press of the power button (not a forced shutdown).

I removed the card and put it in an old build, and took my GTX 970 and put it in this PC. The 2080 worked in the old build just fine. I reinstall the card, and I get video again. A few weeks later, it happens again. I re-seat the card and get video back. I DDU the graphics drivers and reinstall them. Now I am getting BSOD errors randomly, and different errors every time. I have tried to save event logs whenever I encounter a BSOD.

A friend suggested I update the BIOS and make sure my chipset drivers are up to date. I install the chipset drivers again, and I notice when I check the BIOS that the update lists "Compatibility for i9-9920X". I flash the BIOS. Today I just got another BSOD and will be re-installing windows once I finish up a couple of projects I am on right now.

I have attached a log gathered with the V2 log collector. Due to work, I was not able to post at the latest BSOD date. Known BSOD dates are 9/21, 9/26, and 10/08. BAT-COMPUTER-(2019-10-18_13-24-22).zip
    Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

I am at my wit's end with this computer and desperate for any assistance or ideas you might have. Any and all help is appreciated.

MassAwesomeOne, May 12, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, May 12, 2020
  4. I am at wit's end with trying to fix the BSOD errors, any help is appreciated.

Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, May 12, 2020
Thema:

I am at wit's end with trying to fix the BSOD errors, any help is appreciated.

1. I am at wit's end with trying to fix the BSOD errors, any help is appreciated. - Similar Threads - wit's end trying

2. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  3. i am at my wit's end for trying to natively fix microphone gain issues in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am at my wit's end for trying to natively fix microphone gain issues in windows.: hello. with two different condenser mics now i've been having issues with microphone gain in literally every single native windows circumstance i could possibly find in at least 20-25 different troubleshooting articles. a probably non-exhaustive list of all the things i've...
  4. i am at my wit's end for trying to natively fix microphone gain issues in windows.

i am at my wit's end for trying to natively fix microphone gain issues in windows.: hello. with two different condenser mics now i've been having issues with microphone gain in literally every single native windows circumstance i could possibly find in at least 20-25 different troubleshooting articles. a probably non-exhaustive list of all the things i've...
  5. I keep getting the BSOD. HELP. At my wits end!

I keep getting the BSOD. HELP. At my wits end!: I keep getting the BSOD for various reasons...PFN list corrupt, kmode exception not handled, No hardware failure. I completely factory reset my Dell Laptop and STILL it does this in Windows 11. HELP. I am NOT computer friendly at all. CLUELESS what to do at this point and NOT...
  6. I keep getting the BSOD. HELP. At my wits end!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting the BSOD. HELP. At my wits end!: I keep getting the BSOD for various reasons...PFN list corrupt, kmode exception not handled, No hardware failure. I completely factory reset my Dell Laptop and STILL it does this in Windows 11. HELP. I am NOT computer friendly at all. CLUELESS what to do at this point and NOT...
  7. At my wit’s end trying to fix Win10 crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At my wit’s end trying to fix Win10 crashing.: I have this issue with my 6 month old PC crashing. It will do it while gaming, browsing, sitting idle, or even while in sleep. I want to do a Start Up Repair, but Windows does not recognize my password (and I have verified it by logging on to MS), so that’s one problem. I...
  8. I Am At My Wit's End

I Am At My Wit's End: After digging through countless forums and help boards I cannot filter through or find anything relevant to my current situation. I got a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago and set up a few things, nothing much. Just Steam, Tf2, Zoom, Minecraft, and a couple...
  9. I am at my wits end..

I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  10. Regular BSOD - at wits end...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSOD - at wits end...: Hi, I'm attaching the diagnostic file to this post containing recent information about BSOD crashes. On both of my laptops that I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, these occur at least once daily when using these laptops. My desktop PC has been fine. However, these regular...