Windows 10: I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD...

Discus and support I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD Windows 10 to my new Dell laptop that has Windows 11; I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patrick L. McDonough, Dec 3, 2022.

1. I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD...

I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD Windows 10 to my new Dell laptop that has Windows 11; I found the location of the offline Outlook folders on the old laptop and copied them to an external SSD; the folders have a .pst extension. I have a new Dell Inspiron 16 Plus laptop with Microsoft Office 365; the old laptop is a Dell Precision M2800 that also has Office 365.The Outlook software is resident on both laptops.here is my dilemma - how do I transfer the folders and the emails they contain to my new laptop....I cannot find a location for O

:)

Patrick L. McDonough, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Paul0o0o0 Win User
    How to transfer old SSD into new laptop?

Hello, my old laptop is shorting the charger and won’t turn on. I'm long overdue for an upgrade anyway, so I’m getting a new one soon. Since the old one can’t turn on, I can’t use any file transfer utilities to transfer the contents of the old one to the new one. So I was thinking I can just take the SSD from the old one and install it in the secondary slot of the new one.

My question is: can this be done as simply as that or are there other considerations at play? For example, the SSD I’ll be transferring was the primary drive of the old laptop and has the OS installed on it. Is there something I need to do so the new laptop sees the old SSD as a storage drive only, and doesn’t try to boot with the OS from the old one? Do I need to do something with the drive lettering so there’s no confusion over which one is the C drive? Will all my installations (like my internet security suite, for example) work normally automatically, or do I need to do something special?

Basically I’m asking how take the old boot drive and install it into the laptop as just a secondary drive into the new one. Also, my old laptop has an HD as a secondary drive. Can I transfer that one also without any fussing around or is there something special I need to do for that one as well?

(In case it matters, my new laptop will be the same as the old -Alienware 17 from Dell, just upgraded.- I am waiting for Windows 11 to be released before purchasing the new one so I don’t have to deal with upgrading from 10 to 11. So I’ll be installing an old SSD with Win10 as a secondary drive on a machine with Win11 running from the primary)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul0o0o0, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Garyw Win User

I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD...

How to transfer old SSD into new laptop?

There must be exceptions to the ownership rules. As an experiment, I took a clone of the data drive from my other system and installed it in this system. When I double clicked on a folder on the clone drive, I got this message:

I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD... [​IMG]

When I clicked on continue, I was able to open any folder and read the contents.

I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD... [​IMG]

I use the same usernames and passwords on both systems, so maybe this is an exception?

Garyw, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD...

1. I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD... - Similar Threads - attempting transfer Outlook

2. Can I transfer my new windows license to old outlook ID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my new windows license to old outlook ID?: I purchased new Laptop and login with new outlook ID. Can I transfer my new windows license to old outlook ID? My old outlook ID is using in old Laptop....
  3. Can I transfer my new windows license to old outlook ID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my new windows license to old outlook ID?: I purchased new Laptop and login with new outlook ID. Can I transfer my new windows license to old outlook ID? My old outlook ID is using in old Laptop....
  4. I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD...

I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD...: I am attempting to transfer Outlook folders that are resident on my old Dell laptop's SSD Windows 10 to my new Dell laptop that has Windows 11; I found the location of the offline Outlook folders on the old laptop and copied them to an external SSD; the folders have a .pst...
  5. Transferring folders from Outlook to a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring folders from Outlook to a desktop folder: I am retiring and our school board uses Outlook for email. I don't have time to go through all my folders to see what I need to save. Is there any way to save the contents of my folders to my desktop so I can go through them later? I will not have access to that email address...
  6. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop: Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer. In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst...
  7. transfer old laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer old laptop: I want to transfer an old laptop windows 7 to new laptop windows 10. Apparently there used to be a windows program that worked seamlessly, but is no longer included in Windows 10....
  8. I am unable to access outlook from my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to access outlook from my laptop: Hi There I am unable to access my outlook and all the other microsoft programmes , I am also unable to go to settings from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-access-outlook-from-my-laptop/06619962-f0f4-43ed-84e5-bc15f49029c1
  9. Transfer old laptop to new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  10. Transfer SSD to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...