Windows 10: I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

Discus and support I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shanney Shirley, Apr 13, 2024.

1. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered the challenge phrase and then it asks me for the PIN, which I don't remember! There is no "forgot my password" option and I have tried SHIFT, POWER BUTTON, RELEASE and nothing happens. I have also tried this with the VOLUME keys and still nothing. This is my uni laptop and all my assignments I need ASAP are on this laptop

:)

Shanney Shirley, Apr 13, 2024
  2. Chris_388 Win User

Surface Pro Facial Recognition not working, asking for Pin, but Pin never provided

He doesn't remember being asked for either a Pin or PWD during setup. He said the setup just took him thru to Facial Rec. Is it possible to recover or reset it?

Chris_388, Apr 13, 2024
  3. Pin Sign in error

No. I have only ever used facial recognition or my pin. I’m sure I have a password but I dont remember it.

Kathryn.E.S, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Anne Ros Win User

I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

1. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial... - Similar Threads - being asked PIN

2. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  3. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  4. My laptop is asking for my pin but I don’t remember my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is asking for my pin but I don’t remember my pin: I am unable to login with my password or Face ID. My laptop won’t let me log in until I enter my pin. Unfortunately I don’t remember my pin, how do I reset my pin when I am unable to login with my other two methods?...
  5. My laptop is asking for my pin but I don’t remember my pin

My laptop is asking for my pin but I don’t remember my pin: I am unable to login with my password or Face ID. My laptop won’t let me log in until I enter my pin. Unfortunately I don’t remember my pin, how do I reset my pin when I am unable to login with my other two methods?...
  6. When I use my MS Office, I am asked to sign in again

When I use my MS Office, I am asked to sign in again: Hi, I am having a problem with my Ms Office. I am getting a sign that tells me there is an error, that I am signed in, but that I should sign in again to fix the problem. I don't dare to do this because I worry that I may end up having to sign in every time I use Office.Can...
  7. When I use my MS Office, I am asked to sign in again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I use my MS Office, I am asked to sign in again: Hi, I am having a problem with my Ms Office. I am getting a sign that tells me there is an error, that I am signed in, but that I should sign in again to fix the problem. I don't dare to do this because I worry that I may end up having to sign in every time I use Office.Can...
  8. I cant login to my computer because i dont remember my pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant login to my computer because i dont remember my pin number: HelloI tried to login to my computer today with fingerprint sensor but after a few failed attemps it asked me to write my pin number which i dont even remember, i use a password but not a pin number, but the password option isnt even avaible. So i tried the option i dont...
  9. Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN: After the latest windows update I ran into an error (memory management : rapportKE64(.sys I think) ) It's trying to boot into the automatic system recovery but it's asking for my password, there is no option to change to PIN like in the usual Windows login. I have a...
  10. Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there.: My laptop is locked with BitLocker and to recover the key I need my account but I dont remember which one I use there. What can I do? And is there a way to get my email/account using cmd?...