Windows 10: I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

Discus and support I am being asked to enter “power-on password” in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings! I am in need of help! I bought a HP All-In-One Desktop from WalMart a year ago and I barely use this computer. I turned it on recently and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Azalia90, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Azalia90 Win User

I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

Greetings! I am in need of help! I bought a HP All-In-One Desktop from WalMart a year ago and I barely use this computer. I turned it on recently and it is asking me to enter a “power-on password”, mind you, the only password I ever created was the one for my profile. Can anyone help me bypass this? Is there another way for me to get around putting the “power-on password” in?

:)

Azalia90, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 - asked to enter password

Original Title :

Have downloaded Windows 10 and before I can continue,I am asked to enter password-have no knowledge of the password.Contacted Microsoft help website and signed up with new password.Have entered the new password and still saying that the password is incorrect.Any
    suggestions ?

GrahamBarker100, Apr 6, 2020
  3. DavidB Win User
    Windows 10 Asks me to Enter a Password

I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 on my personal laptop on which I have a single user account with no password. For some reason however, Windows 10 has started asking me to enter a password whenever I boot up my machine. All I have to do is press the button without entering anything, and I log in, but I would much rather skip this step in favor of an automatic sign-in. Why has this started happening only now? What can I do to stop this behavior?

DavidB, Apr 6, 2020
  4. I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

Windows 10 Asks me to Enter a Password

Here is how to stop the computer from asking for a password every time:

1. Right-click the Windows Logo (Start Button) and click "Run"
    2. Type netplwiz and click "OK"
    3. Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."

Moshe Katz, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

1. I am being asked to enter “power-on password” - Similar Threads - being asked enter

2. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  3. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  4. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  5. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  6. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?: I have an older Windows Home Network v1 computer that I use a lot for network storage. Lately, when I want to access a share on that machine, I get the pop up window that asks me to "Enter Network Credentials." I enter them, and it's fine. But why do I have to do this at all?...
  8. PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle: I know my password, after a recommended update I now have to enter a different way, either a PIN or the password to one of my mail accounts which I found odd. How do I set it back to the way I had it originally? HELP?????...
  9. Why am I not being asked for a password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am I not being asked for a password?: uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me. If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a...
  10. Pop Up Box constantly asking "Enter Network Password" with no Inbox Mail being received

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop Up Box constantly asking "Enter Network Password" with no Inbox Mail being received: I have recently begun having a Pop Up Box constantly asking "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD". I am also not able to receive Inbox mail. This just began yesterday...