Windows 10: I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB.

Discus and support I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB. I have dialed down security and can't get rid of the block nessage.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VinceIatesta, Mar 20, 2020.

1. I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB.

I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB. I have dialed down security and can't get rid of the block nessage.

:)

VinceIatesta, Mar 20, 2020

2. MYOB

Sorry, this is back to front. If MYOB is incompatible with Win10 then MYOB needs to fix the problem. Check the MYOB help desk. There is probably a fix available.

Frederik Long, Mar 20, 2020
  3. MYOB

Lyndallg,

Have you seen the post by LE1603 titled "App Blocked by administrator".

It's listed 5 posts after yours in the list for Windows 10, Security and Privacy selection.

It has a couple of fix suggestions, one by LeahChapman worked for me as a temporary measure.

It involves turning off an element of windows security in the registry, but it got me into MYOB.

Good luck.

George Kenyon Australia, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Lyndallg Win User

I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB.

MYOB

Windows 10 needs to fix whatever it has done to block MYOB. Tried everything suggested.

PLEASE PATCH ASAP!

A lot of people need to use this accounting program on a daily basis. Their income depends on it.

Restore point (after turning off Defender and other) not working either.

Financial bookkeeping madness rules today. This is a major major disaster in slow motion.

Lyndallg, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB.

1. I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB. - Similar Threads - being blocked older

2. why am I being blocked from opening emails from certain news agencies?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am I being blocked from opening emails from certain news agencies?: There seems to be unauthorized interference when accessing certain news media article emails. I am the sole owner of my outlook email account and no one has the right to tell me whose emails I can access and open...
  3. What is wrong with older programs being blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is wrong with older programs being blurry: I've been using some old installers and programs on Windows 10, and they've had pin-sharp text and graphics. However, since getting a laptop with Windows 11, a lot of them have become very blurry, including text and icons. This only occurs with older programs, but I know that...
  4. What is wrong with older programs being blurry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong with older programs being blurry: I've been using some old installers and programs on Windows 10, and they've had pin-sharp text and graphics. However, since getting a laptop with Windows 11, a lot of them have become very blurry, including text and icons. This only occurs with older programs, but I know that...
  5. Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed: Hi, Whenever I try to download Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed. I get a error that said file or directory cannot be found. Would anyone be...
  6. Recent Windows 10 update blocked MYOB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recent Windows 10 update blocked MYOB: In the recent Windows 10 update my MYOB has been blocked and requires contact with the administrator. This is a stand alone computer. If I try to open from the start menu "run as administrator" the same message comes up. How do I become the administrator with authority to...
  7. Win 10 upgrade has blocked my accounting program MYOB 18 Administrator required. I am the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 upgrade has blocked my accounting program MYOB 18 Administrator required. I am the...: How do I determine who is the administrator? I thought I was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-upgrade-has-blocked-my-accounting-program/4db4944d-aadb-4601-aa0d-23b35c0efcf2
  8. I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.: Several weeks after reformatting computer and installing Win10, I cannot install printer drivers from cd; message given: "administrator has blocked you...' from installing this app... "contact administrator". I am the administrator of this computer, in fact I am the owner...
  9. Programs being blocked from using graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs being blocked from using graphics hardware: My pc keeps giving notification for "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware." Along with terrible artififacting that makes the computer unusable without disabling the gpu. For almost everything I try to launch I get the notification. I even get some...
  10. myob

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    myob: can not download myob because msi comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/myob/3258ad17-a7ee-42b2-867e-b0afa6aa1505