Windows 10: I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

Discus and support I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Several weeks after reformatting computer and installing Win10, I cannot install printer drivers from cd; message given: "administrator has blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ASL_ovis, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ASL_ovis Win User

I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

Several weeks after reformatting computer and installing Win10, I cannot install printer drivers from cd; message given: "administrator has blocked you...' from installing this app... "contact administrator". I am the administrator of this computer, in fact I am the owner and sole user of this computer. How can I ensure that i have full permissions and/or that I am seen as the administrator?

:)

ASL_ovis, Nov 9, 2019

2. Installation blocked by administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this driver software installation?

• Do you have the latest version of the software?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.
    Ensure to install any pending updates on the computer and remember to restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Administrator rights blocked on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Joy,

The installation of the said programs may have affected some system files. We suggest running System File Checker (SFC) tool, to resolve this issue. SFC will repair and replace any corrupted or missing system files. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Right-click on Start menu button and select
      Command Prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • Wait for the scan to finish and restart your computer.

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Adrianne Buc, Nov 9, 2019
  4. I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

1. I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator. - Similar Threads - being blocked installing

2. I am not administrator of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  3. I am not administrator of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  4. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  5. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  6. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator: Hello, so recently my laptop has been going nuts. I am the only user on the computer, and my account is an administrator account with full access. The computer is blocking me from accessing some apps due to the error saying' An Administrator has blocked you from running this...
  7. Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I not the administrator on my computer.: Before anyone says a single thing about changing account privileges: My account is the only account on the computer. It shows that the account is an administrator. Why is it I'm being blocked by the administrator for trying to uninstall a program on my computer? Why is...
  8. blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked for my protection when i am the administrator: Using 'reset' this PC I lost bluetooth capability which I had before the reset. The bluetooth adapter had disappeared from device manager.A windows adviser gave me a link to download a fix but it won't run. It gets Blocked by an administrator. I am the administrator for this...
  9. I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB.

I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB.: I am being blocked from an older program. MYOB. I have dialed down security and can't get rid of the block nessage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-being-blocked-from-an-older-program-myob/1ec1fa15-85aa-4f66-8266-444173a39099
  10. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.: somehow in Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. I am the only person using my laptop! I thought if I changed it in Microsoft it might allow me to be the admin again in chrome. Don't know how to change administrator in Microsoft....