Windows 10: I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

Discus and support I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization". in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have owned my laptop for several years, it has never been a work computer or had any organization work on it. Yesterday when I went to enter my pin I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kvothe711, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Kvothe711 Win User

I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

I have owned my laptop for several years, it has never been a work computer or had any organization work on it. Yesterday when I went to enter my pin I was prompted that I needed to change my pin because of my organization and the pin requirements are for a longer pin. I have always had the same pin and I do not want to change it. I am most worried about this "organization" prompt. Anyone advise on this? I thought it might have been me logging into my school email for the first time but I see no reason I should have to change my pin for that since I have to enter a password for the email. If it is the email log in how to I reverse it?

:)

Kvothe711, Mar 27, 2019

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 27, 2019
  4. I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

1. I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization". - Similar Threads - being prompted change

2. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  3. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  4. Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC: So I have done anything that I have found on the internet to remove this "organization requirement" that I need to change my PIN like once every month or two months, but my computer is a personal computer. This started when I logged into my college's email, but I have...
  5. Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization PIN requires me to change my PIN, but I have no organization in my PC: So I have done anything that I have found on the internet to remove this "organization requirement" that I need to change my PIN like once every month or two months, but my computer is a personal computer. This started when I logged into my college's email, but I have...
  6. prompted 'by your organization' to change my PIN - Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prompted 'by your organization' to change my PIN - Why?: Hi, I am being prompted 'by your organization' to change my PIN. I do not have a PIN expiration set in Passportforwork. So where is this coming from? A previous string mentioned that a corrupted MS account could cause this, but I don't understand the instructions how to test...
  7. prompted 'by your organization' to change my PIN - Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    prompted 'by your organization' to change my PIN - Why?: Hi, I am being prompted 'by your organization' to change my PIN. I do not have a PIN expiration set in Passportforwork. So where is this coming from? A previous string mentioned that a corrupted MS account could cause this, but I don't understand the instructions how to test...
  8. why am i being forced to change my pin to the same pin?

why am i being forced to change my pin to the same pin?: Why when i logged in it told me I absolutly have to change my pin. I used the same pin. what is the point? I'm in the middle of a project and it wasted about an hour of my time....
  9. I am being forced to change my pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am being forced to change my pin.: As I continue to use my pin to get into my computer when it's locked, around every 6 weeks a notification will come up that my organization requires me to change my pin. I have tried to do letters and change settings around this to make a more secure password thinking this...
  10. Why am I being forced to change my PIN?

Why am I being forced to change my PIN?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. There is now a "PIN Requirements" link saying I need at least 5 digits and sequences not allowed. This is my own PC, not any organisations. I've had the same PIN quite happily for some long time and I don't want...