Windows 10: I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?

Discus and support I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am being warned to install PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be deleted. Is this true or is it a scam?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonnieCampbell2, May 8, 2019.

1. I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?

I am being warned to install PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be deleted. Is this true or is it a scam?

:)

RonnieCampbell2, May 8, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, May 8, 2019
  3. HFV Cleaner Pro Hidden Files (File Explorer)

Hi Shaz,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue is fixed.

Method 1:

Try running Windows Defender to check if there is any virus and malware infection that can create this issue again. To do so kindly follow the below given link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

I suggest you to try running SFC scan and DISM tool and check If that resolves your issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 8, 2019
  4. I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 8, 2019
Thema:

I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?

1. I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam? - Similar Threads - being told load

2. Why am I being locked out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being locked out?: I have windows 10 and am being locked out because they say I need to renew my subscription. Windows 10 doesn't need renewing so what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-locked-out/b593cadb-db75-4dab-a9b2-2922b53a96b5
  3. My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...: My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the Security Hotline at 1-855-725-2599? Is this a Microsoft number?...
  4. My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...

My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the...: My other PC, a laptop has been locked for a security issue. I am being told to call the Security Hotline at 1-855-725-2599? Is this a Microsoft number?...
  5. Scammed by A2Z cleaners

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammed by A2Z cleaners: Hello I was recently scammed by A2Z cleaners and want everyone to be aware of this !!! I was working on my computer in November 2020 and all of a sudden my computer flashed and I was told to call Microsoft with the real logo and everything. Unfortunately I called and told "...
  6. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I being scammed?: I keep receiving this message: "We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." Is this legitimate or am I being hacked?...
  7. Scammed and wiped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scammed and wiped: I have just got a new laptop as fake Microsoft hacked my other laptops when I wouldn't pay they wiped my other two laptops. Now Dragon v15 won't work within Office it locks and freezes the screen. I'm reliant on Dragon. What can I do?...
  8. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I being scammed?: I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10. Is this a scam?...
  9. why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc: why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc and the file says I have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-told-im-not-the-admin-on-the-only/3016a201-61a1-446f-9e9e-1c4bdccb428b
  10. am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...

am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...: s, amd I the victim of a scam?? there are about 7 or 8 things I am being told I have to agree to let windows do if I want to get my messages including erasing them without my permission. Now I cannot get my lmessages at all. They are on my cell phone. WHY are they or you...