Windows 10: I am blocked and cannot run diagnotics to find the problem

Discus and support I am blocked and cannot run diagnotics to find the problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to run diagnostics to check internet and connections. I only get an error message saying I am blocked. I am the admin for my laptop, so what to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbaraJacobsen, Mar 14, 2020.

1. I am blocked and cannot run diagnotics to find the problem

Trying to run diagnostics to check internet and connections. I only get an error message saying I am blocked. I am the admin for my laptop, so what to do?

:)

BarbaraJacobsen, Mar 14, 2020

2. Memory Diagnotics results

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Usually this is caused due to performance issues. I would suggest you to try increasing the virtual memory and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to increase the virtual memory:

• Press Windows + Pause/Break keys to open properties (You may also go to This PC and right click on free space and click Properties).
    • In the left pane, click advanced system settings.
    • On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

Note: Increases in size usually don't require a restart for the changes to take effect, but if you decrease the size, you'll
    need to restart your computer. We recommend that you don't disable or delete the paging file.

You may also check if this issue is caused due to faulty memory or not.

Follow the steps to run Memory Diagnostic tool:

• Press Windows + W keys to get the search option.
    • Type Memory Diagnostic in the search option.
    • Click on the Memory Diagnostic tool to run.
    • Click on Restart d check for problems and follow the prompt.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 14, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

I am blocked and cannot run diagnotics to find the problem

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

I am blocked and cannot run diagnotics to find the problem

1. I am blocked and cannot run diagnotics to find the problem - Similar Threads - blocked cannot run

2. Slew of problems mostly fixed, but I have run into a block.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Slew of problems mostly fixed, but I have run into a block.: For the past two months or so, my computer has been having extreme difficulties restarting. it started after a new windows update and Just today it the reboot loop got so bad it would not allow me any access to the computer no matter how many times i tried to boot it up...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator: Hello, so recently my laptop has been going nuts. I am the only user on the computer, and my account is an administrator account with full access. The computer is blocking me from accessing some apps due to the error saying' An Administrator has blocked you from running this...
  4. Audio just quit working, diagnotics so far say no problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio just quit working, diagnotics so far say no problem: I heard some faint noises and rthen the audio totally quit. I have checked connections and run diagnostics and found nothing. What could cause this?...
  5. Can not run installation program, says admin blocking but I am admin and have blocked nothing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not run installation program, says admin blocking but I am admin and have blocked nothing: Hello, I tried to refresh the install of a email program I use called Eudora. When I double clicked the install file I get a red box pop up telling me that the admin has blocked installation of this program. I am the admin and my user account is set to full admin...
  6. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.: somehow in Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. I am the only person using my laptop! I thought if I changed it in Microsoft it might allow me to be the admin again in chrome. Don't know how to change administrator in Microsoft....
  7. I am blocked from running mmc.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am blocked from running mmc.exe: I use Surface Book running Windows 10 and I am the administrator of my device. Recently I’ve found out that I am blocked from running mmc.exe. I ran sfc /scannow and the DISM restore health thing, which found corrupted files. But the problem is still here. How can I fix it...
  8. I have a problem with "Windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a problem with "Windows cannot find...: i'm having problem with that. It appears every time my laptop turn on. Then, my laptop just working normally. But this sign just bother me, i always wondering is there something that i don't know that could harm my laptop? I tried to following some steps i searched on...
  9. Why am i blocked?

Why am i blocked?: Alright. Lucky that i have another email so that i can just use that to login and ask. I have another account. That account has been blocked, i don't know why and when it happened. I just came to read some answers and then i couldn't because it was apparently blocked....
  10. How would I find out if I am running TPM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How would I find out if I am running TPM 2.0?: I recently ran across an article online about Windows 10 saying it needed all new systems running TPM 2.0 by this Summer. Where would I find out if I am running the latest TPM? 50337