Windows 10: I am blocked from running mmc.exe

Discus and support I am blocked from running mmc.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use Surface Book running Windows 10 and I am the administrator of my device. Recently I’ve found out that I am blocked from running mmc.exe. I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MariaAntunez1, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I am blocked from running mmc.exe

I use Surface Book running Windows 10 and I am the administrator of my device. Recently I’ve found out that I am blocked from running mmc.exe. I ran sfc /scannow and the DISM restore health thing, which found corrupted files. But the problem is still here. How can I fix it to run mmc.exe?

:)

MariaAntunez1, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 3, 2019
  4. I am blocked from running mmc.exe

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

I am blocked from running mmc.exe

1. I am blocked from running mmc.exe - Similar Threads - blocked running mmc

2. Administrator has block you from running this app ... Cyberlink exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator has block you from running this app ... Cyberlink exe: I just purchased the newest version of Cyberlink Power Director. I am able to download the exe file with no problem. However, when I click to install I get a message telling me that "This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator". It is my laptop Windows 11 and I am...
  3. Administrator has block you from running this app ... Cyberlink exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator has block you from running this app ... Cyberlink exe: I just purchased the newest version of Cyberlink Power Director. I am able to download the exe file with no problem. However, when I click to install I get a message telling me that "This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator". It is my laptop Windows 11 and I am...
  4. Why did this one exe NOT get blocked from running by user account control?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why did this one exe NOT get blocked from running by user account control?: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19042, the 'user account control' dialog usually blocks any exe I try to run.However, yesterday I accidentally double clicked a suspicious file without noticing that it's an exe, and it just started running without anything blocking it!It opened a...
  5. Blocked exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  6. MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app: Recently, out of the blue, I got an error message about "snap in" but I didn't get to read it properly before closing it by accident. After that, I can't seem to start things like Device Manager or Task scheduler please see attached image below. However, if I start a CMD...
  7. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator: Hello, so recently my laptop has been going nuts. I am the only user on the computer, and my account is an administrator account with full access. The computer is blocking me from accessing some apps due to the error saying' An Administrator has blocked you from running this...
  8. Why am I getting explorer.exe and mmc hangs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I getting explorer.exe and mmc hangs?: I am constantly getting mmc and explorer hangs, error code 1002, type cross thread. I have run sfc /scannow which reports no errors I have run DISM which reports no errors I have started using diagnostic restart and the problem persists Windows is up to date with...
  9. mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe: * Moved from Community Participation Center after trying DISM method,this showed me at last ,it is still not fixed what should i do [ATTACH]...
  10. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...