Windows 10: I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed...

Discus and support I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home on my own privately owned PC. I have logged into some of my corporate (job) accounts such as Office 365 to check my mail... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shaneinsweden, Feb 25, 2019.

1. I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed...

I am using Windows 10 Home on my own privately owned PC. I have logged into some of my corporate (job) accounts such as Office 365 to check my mail from my home PC.

Now I find that many options in my control panel have been blocked from me with the message:

*some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation

I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed... de10bf77-cb92-403b-bffe-b74bfe2e87dd?upload=true.png

This PC does not in any way belong to any organisation and is entirely private. What is even more INCREDIBLY frustrating is that this happened just after I had bought my new laptop. I had added a swedish keyboard (which is the keyboard I use since I live in sweden) but my computer insists on reverting to an english keyboard every 5 seconds - presumably because my primary language is english.

So I would REALLY REALLY appreciate being able to remove the english keyboard from my computer

I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed... fce56483-dda7-4f2d-a543-85f0f36aa30d?upload=true.png

But this option is not available since Microsoft has handed ownership and admin rights of my own private laptop to the company I work for.

I have tried to find ways of fixing this through various registry fix tips (for keys that do not exist in my registry) and by trying to download gepedit.msc - but I cant't because there is no compatable version for download from Microsoft download center. The only version I can find gives me this message.

I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed... 9554923e-e767-44d3-bb40-2ed3248b1e8e?upload=true.png

Of course there are plenty of REALLY shady sites willing to offer my "their" GPMC which would be compatible with my OS and I imagine that they might also decrease my PC security a whole lot more, but I am almost desperate enough to try. To be honest having malware on my machine would be a lot less annoying than a keyboard repeatedly deciding for itself which wrong keyboard configuration to use.

So I would like to know how I can wrestle control of my own personal privately owned laptop back into my own hands without having to erase my computer and reinstalling window from scratch.

Also the fact that this occurred basically means that simply by me using the services of another organisation from this computer this operating software (Windows 10 Home) allowed that other organisation (the company where I work) to seize control of my laptop, i.e. Hack my computer.

shaneinsweden

:)

shaneinsweden, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

display option in control panel in Windows 10

Hi Kathy,

Wrong configuration settings may be the possible reason why the Display option is missing in your Control Panel. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to Display settings?
    • Could you provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Feb 25, 2019
  3. allanh Win User
    Where's Control Panel

I found Control Panel when a back arrow appeared deep in 'settings' that said "<- Control Panel"! Very strange.

In fact, it turns out that I just have to RIGHT-click on the Windows motif (bottom-left) to get the full list of options, including 'Control Panel', 'Task Manager', 'Run', etc.

allanh, Feb 25, 2019
  4. I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed...

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed...

1. I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed... - Similar Threads - blocked control panel

2. Some settings are managed by your organization message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some settings are managed by your organization message: I hope I am putting this in the correct area. Recently upgraded to Version 20H2 . I decided to check where I was at with update deferring times, and find this message which effectively stops me from doing any update deferring. Attached screen shots which may show what is...
  3. I can't access to some of my control panel settings!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access to some of my control panel settings!: I can't open up any external hardware settings in control panel. Whenever I click on the settings like sound, keyboard, mouse - it says that application not found. As a result, I can't use my mic in any apps. I searched online but there's no solution of this problem. What can...
  4. Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization" Hello. So, in the settings, at accounts there is an messege: "Some settings are maneged by your organization". And I can't sign-in with my Microsoft acount. This is my personal computer and i'm not working...
  5. Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Hello. So, in the settings, at accounts there is an messege: "Some settings are maneged by your organization". And I can't sign-in with my Microsoft acount. This is my personal computer and i'm not working on it and also I do not own an organization. More Details: System:...
  6. I still have some options in Control Panel in my old language.

I still have some options in Control Panel in my old language.: Today I changed my language from cs-CZ Czech to en-US English but some options in my Control Panel are still in my old one. I changed everything in my region, display language, set as default, and restarted but still nothing. [ATTACH] Cant even uninstall my old one....
  7. Some Settings are Managed by Your Organisation Message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some Settings are Managed by Your Organisation Message: I'm trying to fix a PC running v 1903 Build 18362.476. I've started seeing the message shown below. Drivers updates are allowed in Advanced System Properties. there is no Group Policy set and I've run the batch file in Option 2 of this tutorial Enable or Disable Driver...
  8. "Some settings are managed by your organisation", according to the information panel...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Some settings are managed by your organisation", according to the information panel...: I keep seeing the message of "Some settings are managed by your organisation" in windows update and other locations in the Settings panel. According to the information provided in the "Why are you seeing "Some settings are managed by your organisation"" screen it's through...
  9. I am seeing this message "Some settings are managed by your organization" but I am not part...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am seeing this message "Some settings are managed by your organization" but I am not part...: I updated windows recently, just a regular update and then I started seeing this message "Some settings are managed by your organization". and when I click "view configured update policy" below it, it shows this....[ATTACH]...
  10. Some Control Panel options are not indexed

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Control Panel options are not indexed: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop with all updates installed. I like to use Cortana to quickly get to settings and apps, but I noticed for some reason I can't find every system setting via Cortana. For example, searching for "updates" on my wife's laptop...