Windows 10: I am building a pc and want to install windows via USB but all I have is a chromebook.

Discus and support I am building a pc and want to install windows via USB but all I have is a chromebook. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. All I have is a chromebook and I don't have access to a windows computer with the lockdown going on. Is there a way for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShadowGale5876, Apr 22, 2020.

1. I am building a pc and want to install windows via USB but all I have is a chromebook.

Basically what the title says. All I have is a chromebook and I don't have access to a windows computer with the lockdown going on. Is there a way for me to get the installer from a chromebook or am I just out of luck?

Edit: Grammer

submitted by /u/ShadowGale5876
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShadowGale5876, Apr 22, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 22, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 22, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

I am building a pc and want to install windows via USB but all I have is a chromebook.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

I am building a pc and want to install windows via USB but all I have is a chromebook.

1. I am building a pc and want to install windows via USB but all I have is a chromebook. - Similar Threads - building install via

2. I need help installing windows on a Chromebook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help installing windows on a Chromebook.: Split from this thread.How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide I need help installing windows on a Chromebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-installing-windows-on-a-chromebook/9f5f2aec-1f67-4f1e-992f-66286d3ac49a
  3. I am trying to run bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when i

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to run bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when i: I am trying to run Bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when I run the driver setup for the windows 10 bluetooth software I get errors that say that it could not start the bluetooth stack. The model is the Targus Bluetooth 4.0 dual mode micro usb adapter. I have already...
  4. I am trying to run bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when i

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to run bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when i: I am trying to run Bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when I run the driver setup for the windows 10 bluetooth software I get errors that say that it could not start the bluetooth stack. The model is the Targus Bluetooth 4.0 dual mode micro usb adapter. I have already...
  5. I am trying to run bluetooth on my PC via a usb adapter, but when i

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. I am having trouble installing Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble installing Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop: I am having trouble installing Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-installing-windows-11-via/bddbe073-cc4f-46b3-af49-8b9fcb3fbf76
  7. I am having trouble installing Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble installing Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop: I am having trouble installing Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-installing-windows-11-via/bddbe073-cc4f-46b3-af49-8b9fcb3fbf76
  8. How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?: Basically what i said in the title is what i need help with. Please and thanks! submitted by /u/keonzneedshelp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4fknj/how_do_i_install_windows_onto_a_usb_with_a/
  9. I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus: I want to install Windows 10 via USB with Rufus, but it throws me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-windows-10-via-usb-with-rufus/d38163a4-39f0-40f4-bd9d-404551f1263c
  10. I want to install windows on a brand new clean pc but do not have a usb pen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to install windows on a brand new clean pc but do not have a usb pen: Hi, I want to install a new licens of windows 10 on a brand new clean pc, however i only see the options for doing this with a usb pen or a dvd.. I dont have acces to either, however i do have a external seagate hdd.. is it not possible to formate it, then copy the files...