Windows 10: I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10

Discus and support I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am planning to replace the hard drive on my laptop for a new one with a higher capacity. Additionally, I don't currently boot on UEFI and plan on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Manogya Pokharel, Feb 21, 2019.

1. I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10

I am planning to replace the hard drive on my laptop for a new one with a higher capacity. Additionally, I don't currently boot on UEFI and plan on doing when I replace the currently hard drive. What I want to know is do I have to buy a new license or can activate that copy using my Microsoft Account?

:)

Manogya Pokharel, Feb 21, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10 :)

dhdude, Feb 21, 2019
  3. JanJan Win User
    How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Hi all,

I have a laptop that came with windows 7. I just recently updated to windows 10 with the OTA update.

I would like to clean out my hard drive but still want to keep a genuine windows 10 (like I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10). How can I do it?

Thank you

JanJan, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10

Delta6326, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10

1. I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - changing hard drive

2. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  3. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  4. i need to know my primary password so i can change it.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to know my primary password so i can change it.?: i need to know my primary password so i can change it.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-my-primary-password-so-i-can-change/01c90545-bde1-4505-84a3-1a4c74d454e1
  5. i need to know my primary password so i can change it.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to know my primary password so i can change it.?: i need to know my primary password so i can change it.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-my-primary-password-so-i-can-change/01c90545-bde1-4505-84a3-1a4c74d454e1
  6. i need to know my primary password so i can change it.?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I am rebuilding my desktop with new hard drive and new motherboard, do I need a new copy of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am rebuilding my desktop with new hard drive and new motherboard, do I need a new copy of...: My old hard drive died while upgrading to a new one . I can not seem to get everything to work. I have tried a clean install using a boot usb drive but the computer shuts down as soon as it tries to start up windows. Or it asks for a repair and then shuts down. All attempts...
  8. Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...: Hello, I would like to know if I could Disconnect my Hard Drive which was my primary boot drive until I bought an SSD, and then Install a fresh copy of windows on the SSD with a bootable USB drive while the hard drive is disconnected and then when the windows is set up and...
  9. Need to reinstall Windows 10 on a fresh Hard drive after old one crashed but I don't know how.

Need to reinstall Windows 10 on a fresh Hard drive after old one crashed but I don't know how.: Hello, Recently the OS drive on my PC crashed and I purchased a new drive. I want to install Windows 10 onto it but I don't think I should have to purchase it again. How can I install Windows 10 onto a blank drive and how can I retrieve my product key from my previously...
  10. I am in need of a new computer if I buy one with blank hard drive can I transfer my windows 10

I am in need of a new computer if I buy one with blank hard drive can I transfer my windows 10: I am in need of a new computer if I buy one with blank hard drive can I transfer my windows 10 to the new computer. Hugo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/341374e5-85a7-46dc-b712-b69bd07a2eff