Windows 10: I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

Discus and support I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer shows "not connected to network" and "wi-fi symbol with asterix", however, I am indeed connected to the internet. Furthermore, it shows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrevorWinter1, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

My computer shows "not connected to network" and "wi-fi symbol with asterix", however, I am indeed connected to the internet.

Furthermore, it shows a normal wi-fi connected symbol at the Windows 10 log-in page, but when I log-in, the problem above occurs.

I can use the internet with no problem with browsers, however, Windows Update and such will not work as Windows detects that "I am not connected to the network" even through I am.

I tried resetting the network, and even resetting windows with a fresh install but the problem persists.

:)

TrevorWinter1, Dec 22, 2018

2. Network connection icon problem

Hi all,
    Few days ago (since I have switched to Nvidia - I don't know is there any connection between them or not) I have a problem with the network connection icon. After the OS loads in, the icon is still loading about for a minute. When I open Chrome the internet connection is perfect, only the icon shows it's loading. It wouldn't be such a problem, but certain programs (for example GPU-Z) doesn't open until the icon stops loading.
    What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the network driver. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Dec 22, 2018
  4. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up http://www.speedtest.net/, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected. 189114715.png

imperialreign, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

1. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected. - Similar Threads - connected internet icon

2. Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected: The Network Icon is not showing up at all.The Internet is not connected.I use an ethernet cable to a Comfast repeater.Windows 10.The Network & Internet tab in settings crashes whenever I try to open it.The switch to turn on the Network Icon is greyed out.I tried to update...
  3. Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected: The Network Icon is not showing up at all.The Internet is not connected.I use an ethernet cable to a Comfast repeater.Windows 10.The Network & Internet tab in settings crashes whenever I try to open it.The switch to turn on the Network Icon is greyed out.I tried to update...
  4. Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet is connected but shows not connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but shows not connected: I have this problem where even though I'm connected to my modem via eternet cord or wifi when i connect for a second it says I'm connected but then it starts showing that I'm not connected. I don't understand why it keeps doing this I've reset my pc and also the network...
  6. Not connected - Connections available, however I am connected to the internet

Not connected - Connections available, however I am connected to the internet: The biggest issue with this is that I can't access anything related to Office 365 and onedrive. Any help files or resources with Word or Excel do not work because of this supposed, no connection. I have tried several fixes, ran network troubleshooting, rebooted, and nothing...
  7. Not connected to the internet, but I am!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not connected to the internet, but I am!: overnight windows has decided to stop working correctly and forced an update to version 2004. internet gone slow is an understatement although I am still connected. Steam, Origin, blizzard and epic sign in but say I'm offline. it also times out when searching on Microsoft...
  8. I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?: I am connected and it sais no internet connection? And when i trouble shoot i get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" and i cant remember what i did but i reset some wifi things from my wifi. submitted by /u/BigBrainViktor [link] [comments]...
  9. taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet

taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet: I am having this problem the network icon shows me not connected as in screenshot below. [img] My OS information Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language I am though connected to wifi and able to browse internet perfectly. I do not...
  10. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.: My computer shows "not connected to network" and "wi-fi symbol with asterix", however, I am indeed connected to the internet. Furthermore, it shows a normal wi-fi connected symbol at the Windows 10 log-in page, but when I log-in, the problem above occurs. I can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet is connect by icon shows no internet