Windows 10: I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from...

Discus and support I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from Windows 7 (not freshly installed) are others too?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vijay1700, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Vijay1700 Win User

I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from...

I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from Windows 7 (not freshly installed) are others too?

:)

Vijay1700, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Experiencing slowness on the computer running Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the build currently installed on the computer?

• Are you experiencing the slowness when browsing the internet or are you experiencing overall slowness on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    If you are facing overall slowness on the system, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Also, place the computer in a Clean boot state and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Follow the Microsoft KB article to perform clean boot on the computer:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. If the issue still persists, please get back to us with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 12, 2018
  4. I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from...

Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from...

1. I am experiencing drag or slowness and even freezing of Windows 10 since I upgraded from... - Similar Threads - experiencing drag slowness

2. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  3. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  4. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop is slow, freezing and experiencing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is slow, freezing and experiencing black screen: Hi, I've got a 2 year old HP laptop and it is having multiple issues like scren freezing, slowing down and screen blackouts. I've tried fixes like Chkdsk, SFC, DSIM, rebooted my windows couple of times but I'mstill facing the same issue. I tried many forms and nothing is...
  6. Hi, I am experiencing BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi, I am experiencing BSODs.: These BSODs seem to happen whilst playing games. 152888
  7. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.: After purchasing windows 10 home, I downloaded it and follow the steps on screen. However, after restarting my computer twice, it is still running windows 7. Any advice?...
  8. Experiencing random freezing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Experiencing random freezing on Windows 10: Hello fellow Redditors, I purchased an Acer Swift 3 laptop (SF314-55G) running Windows 10 Home SL (current Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363) a couple of months ago. The device was performing as expected. But suddenly for the last few days I have been experiencing random...
  9. I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.: How do I get my sound back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-since-i-upgraded-to-windows-10/de5bbc63-ba16-48ef-8abb-ff4754ca1847
  10. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10; I upload Media Creation Tool. II started it and I am getting : "Getting a few things ready" for 12 hours; It does not look normal. What to do ? I paid 200$ for the upgrade....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have been experiencing slowness with my computer