Windows 10: I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .

Discus and support I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Respected Sir, I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . I attempted to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 by downloading window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shivanshu#, Dec 19, 2018.

1. I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .

Respected Sir,

I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . I attempted to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 by downloading window 10 from microsoft's original site. After download was complete I tried for installation, during installation, process somehow failed. Then I received a popup informing me about the failure of the process and informed that previous version of windows will be installed again. But the version which was installed was a copy of genuine version, because of which my pc lags a lot, I tried to enter my windows key but it shows error while installation. I searched a lot about the problem couldn't find anything useful,

I expect a quick solution as I have to face many problems so please help.

THANK YOU

* Moved from Insider

:)

shivanshu#, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Hello R08Y, I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . :)

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. If you don't have the SP1 update installed in Windows 7 Ultimate, then you just may not be able to keep everything when upgrading to Windows 10. You can verify before starting the actual upgrade at step 15 below, and safely close Windows 10 Setup at this step to cancel the upgrade if wanted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Dec 19, 2018
  3. R08Y Win User
    Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Thanks!

4. GaryL-CTO Win User

I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .

Windows 7 Ultimate includes DirectAccess. Will Windows 10 Pro keep it active?

My company is not big enough to justify the cost of Software Assurance. We upgraded a laptop from Win7 Pro to Ultimate, SPECIFICALLY for DirectAccess as the least expensive way to get it for a single machine. With DirectAccess deprecated in the upgrade
    it means that the laptop will be staying as Windows 7 Ultimate and NOT losing a valuable feature to the "free" Win10Pro upgrade. More is less.

GaryL-CTO, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .

1. I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . - Similar Threads - faced problem while

2. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  3. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  4. FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11: So today I decided to install windows 11 update and it went smooth for some time but while the installation process it got stuck at 89% for more than 2 hours after which I decided to restart my laptop and begin again but since then the downloading process gets stuck at 7% and...
  5. FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11: So today I decided to install windows 11 update and it went smooth for some time but while the installation process it got stuck at 89% for more than 2 hours after which I decided to restart my laptop and begin again but since then the downloading process gets stuck at 7% and...
  6. FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I have been facing a problem of lagging and stuttering in my windows while I am connected...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have been facing a problem of lagging and stuttering in my windows while I am connected...: I have been facing a problem of lagging and stuttering in my windows while I am connected to internet. My system specifications. CPU- Ryzen 5 4600h Hexa core Ram - 8GB Rom - 256 GB SSD & 1TB HDD GPU - GTX 1650 4GB GFX OS - Windows 10 64 bit Activated . When I connect my...
  8. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  9. i am facing a lot of problems ;)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am facing a lot of problems ;): so i recently bought a new wireless adapter the tp link wn8200nd .before this i had another tp link product that didnt have support for windows 10. anyways for some reason my internet coonection gets really slow from time to time and my adapter may disconnect randomly(which...
  10. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...