Windows 10: I am facing a problem in Windows Update. When ever I open the Windows Update from Settings...

Discus and support I am facing a problem in Windows Update. When ever I open the Windows Update from Settings... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the message that I see always. I have tried some methods like stopping the updates from a third party app. But nothing works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BapunDas, May 12, 2021.

1. BapunDas Win User

I am facing a problem in Windows Update. When ever I open the Windows Update from Settings...

This is the message that I see always. I have tried some methods like stopping the updates from a third party app. But nothing works.

:)

BapunDas, May 12, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile I am facing a problem in Windows Update. When ever I open the Windows Update from Settings... :)

Thermopylae_480, May 12, 2021
  4. TC-man Win User

I am facing a problem in Windows Update. When ever I open the Windows Update from Settings...

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. I am facing a problem in Windows Update. When ever I open the Windows Update from Settings... - Similar Threads - facing problem Update

2. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  3. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  4. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing problems with Windows Update: It's been a couple of months now, I can't finish the update process of Windows 10. Every time it's requested to restart the PC to install the updates it has to rollback the changes and some time later it all happen again. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting this,...
  5. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing problems with Windows Update: It's been a couple of months now, I can't finish the update process of Windows 10. Every time it's requested to restart the PC to install the updates it has to rollback the changes and some time later it all happen again. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting this,...
  6. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. When ever i try to open the "windows update" section in "Update and Security" it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When ever i try to open the "windows update" section in "Update and Security" it...: Just finished the most recent windows update and then had to scan my disk saying it had errors or something and needed a restart, went to go check if there were any issues and there were none but now unable to check the windows update section submitted by /u/Enderhans...
  8. I am recently facing a problem in the latest updates

I am recently facing a problem in the latest updates: Hello Community, I am recently facing a problem installing the updates. This is not the 20H2 updates. These are the cummulative updates for 20H2. The error code it shows is 0x80070002. Here is a screenshot of the update window: [ATTACH]I tried retrying it several times. It...
  9. i am facing a lot of problems ;)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am facing a lot of problems ;): so i recently bought a new wireless adapter the tp link wn8200nd .before this i had another tp link product that didnt have support for windows 10. anyways for some reason my internet coonection gets really slow from time to time and my adapter may disconnect randomly(which...
  10. FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE

FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE: PLEASE HELP TO UPDATE WINDOWS 10[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/facing-problem-with-windows-update/7d957b51-4d96-4abf-b625-5c6776437028