Windows 10: I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

Discus and support I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to setup fingerprint on my HP Elitebook 8470p, but Windows Hello says " Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, then try going... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Chayon Roy, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

I am trying to setup fingerprint on my HP Elitebook 8470p, but Windows Hello says " Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, then try going through the setup again." I install the latest version of Synaptics fingerprint driver.

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. 254d6f14-ff49-45e0-a599-35e16ea5aeea?upload=true.png

But when I am going to setup fingerprint every time I am getting the same issue.

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. 88add28c-8eac-41dc-ad19-2aa930a71da5?upload=true.png

Please help me.

:)

Chayon Roy, Apr 26, 2019

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 26, 2019
  4. I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi,

It's odd for your fingerprint not to work after your computer wakes up from sleep mode. The power management settings could have something to do with it. Let's isolate your concern by modifying the power management through Device Manager. Simply follow the
    steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your computer, then select
      Device Manager.
    • locate your fingerprint reader, it should be in Biometric Devices section.
    • Right click the fingerprint reader, then choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management tab, then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Click OK.

We also suggest disabling and enabling the Credential Manager service. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, then type in services.msc.
    • Look for Credential Manager service, then double click on it.
    • Under General tab, Select Stop.
    • Once you've stopped the service, click on Start to restart the service.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

1. I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. - Similar Threads - facing problem setup

2. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  4. Window hello fingerprint and face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint and face: Can't access My window hello fingerprint and face, showing "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compactible with windows hello fingerprint and face respectively...
  5. Window hello fingerprint and face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window hello fingerprint and face: Can't access My window hello fingerprint and face, showing "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compactible with windows hello fingerprint and face respectively...
  6. Window hello fingerprint and face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint: Can anybody help me out by telling me whether Lenovo Ideapad 3 AMD 3020e contain fingerprint sensor or IR camera ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facefingerprint/59d6e4b0-a76f-49ce-ad0c-aa1e8d974917
  8. Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint

Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint: The Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint feature was working on my HP Envy and now it is not working and it says that my laptop camera/fingerprint scanner is not compatible, when it was working less than 12 hours ago. When I look into how to reconnect or find Window Hello...
  9. windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working

windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working: my windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working. Its saying this option is currently unavailable. I am having ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-and-fingerprint-setup-not/e32e02b9-d095-45f6-b474-be672f7ce6bb
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Face

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Face: Hi! When I set up my Asus Vivobook it allowed me to set a fingerprint, but when I go into log-in settings it says Windows Hello is not available on this device. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. close windows hello and then try going through the setup again lumia

2. nu vot

3. how we setup fingure print key window 10 problem asus notebook

4. close windows hello problem fingerprint,
  5. sorry something went wrong close windows hello and try again window10 phone