Windows 10: I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

Discus and support I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to setup fingerprint on my HP Elitebook 8470p, but Windows Hello says " Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, then try going... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Chayon Roy, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

I am trying to setup fingerprint on my HP Elitebook 8470p, but Windows Hello says " Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, then try going through the setup again." I install the latest version of Synaptics fingerprint driver.

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. 254d6f14-ff49-45e0-a599-35e16ea5aeea?upload=true.png

But when I am going to setup fingerprint every time I am getting the same issue.

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. 88add28c-8eac-41dc-ad19-2aa930a71da5?upload=true.png

Please help me.

:)

Chayon Roy, Apr 26, 2019

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 26, 2019
  4. I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi,

It's odd for your fingerprint not to work after your computer wakes up from sleep mode. The power management settings could have something to do with it. Let's isolate your concern by modifying the power management through Device Manager. Simply follow the
    steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your computer, then select
      Device Manager.
    • locate your fingerprint reader, it should be in Biometric Devices section.
    • Right click the fingerprint reader, then choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management tab, then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Click OK.

We also suggest disabling and enabling the Credential Manager service. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, then type in services.msc.
    • Look for Credential Manager service, then double click on it.
    • Under General tab, Select Stop.
    • Once you've stopped the service, click on Start to restart the service.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello.

1. I am facing a problem to setup fingerprint on Windows Hello. - Similar Threads - facing problem setup

2. i am facing a lot of problems ;)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am facing a lot of problems ;): so i recently bought a new wireless adapter the tp link wn8200nd .before this i had another tp link product that didnt have support for windows 10. anyways for some reason my internet coonection gets really slow from time to time and my adapter may disconnect randomly(which...
  3. fingerprint setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint setup: I cant find fingerprint setup in my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-setup/526973f7-b039-4926-8e7f-5ba904931315"
  4. Windows hello Face Recongition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello Face Recongition: [IMG]How do i disable the red lights next the alienware? Bother me greatly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recongition/879cf412-3a5a-41db-b24e-5b136be5924a
  5. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  6. windows hello face problem...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello face problem...: i have a webcam intergrated on my machine biometrics service running... windows hello face gives me this message: you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face any ideas? 122189
  7. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...
  8. Fingerprint windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint windows hello: Just got a new HP envy 13. I am trying to set up fingerprint reading login in Windows Hello. I click set up then get started on the next menu, the get started button disappears and the menu remains and doesn't change. I have set up a pin and password and it doesn't prompt me...
  9. I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING: Dear sir, Before friday windows update, other network pc were able to access my pc. But after update other pc are unable to access my pc whereas I am able to access all other pc. kindly help. See error images for reference....
  10. No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello

No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello: Just bought an Asus Q525, OS: Windows 10. Windows Hello should have "Face" sign in, but mine does not. I can sign in with fingerprint, PIN, password and picture password - but . Any ideas why this is, and can it be fixed? If so, how? Thanks. 109834