Windows 10: I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

Discus and support I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The service is invalid, I can't able to get regular windows updates. Some security settings are missing or have been changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bolu A, May 21, 2023.

1. Bolu A Win User

I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

The service is invalid, I can't able to get regular windows updates. Some security settings are missing or have been changed.

:)

Bolu A, May 21, 2023

2. Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, May 21, 2023
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get... :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, May 21, 2023
  4. Pait Win User

I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

The "troubleshooting steps" that you have linked to does not address my concern.

My problem is that the BIT-service can
    start at any moment and directly impact performance while I am engaged in
    performance-sensitive usage.

I understand that I can manually disable this service every time I reboot my computer, but I believe my Operating System should
    work for me and not vice-versa.

Here are the types of solutions I am looking for:

• Automatically suspend the BIT-service when Game Mode is activated.
    • Allow BIT-service to have a network usage limit (like 50 Kbps)
    • Allow BIT-service to be scheduled (between 2am - 8am)
    • Disable BIT-service unless the user has requested a Windows Update

Is there a "set it and forget it" solution to preventing the BIT-service from affecting my performance that will persist through reboots?

Thema:

1. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get... - Similar Threads - facing Problem BITS

2. I am facing an Problem with BITS service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing an Problem with BITS service: Some security settings are missing or have been changed.The detection details are:IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The service name is invalid....
  3. I am facing an Problem with BITS service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing an Problem with BITS service: Some security settings are missing or have been changed.The detection details are:IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The service name is invalid....
  4. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...: i cant update anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-facing-an-problem-with-bits-service-the/33f977f2-3087-4fd5-a914-6a8d0df52dd5
  5. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...: i cant update anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-facing-an-problem-with-bits-service-the/33f977f2-3087-4fd5-a914-6a8d0df52dd5
  6. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...: The service is invalid, I can't able to get regular windows updates. Some security settings are missing or have been changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-facing-an-problem-with-bits-service-the/be705df6-c266-419b-8ae2-69b0e115fdec
  7. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...: The service is invalid, I can't able to get regular windows updates. Some security settings are missing or have been changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-facing-an-problem-with-bits-service-the/be705df6-c266-419b-8ae2-69b0e115fdec
  8. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...: Some security settings are missing or have been changed. The detection details are: IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The service name is invalid....
  9. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...: Some security settings are missing or have been changed. The detection details are: IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The service name is invalid....
  10. I am facing an Problem with BITS service : The service is invalid, I can't able to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming