Windows 10: I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be...

Discus and support I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/77to90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lygiwy/i_am_frequently_working_on_the_same_word/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/77to90, Mar 5, 2021.

1. /u/77to90 Win User

I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be...

/u/77to90, Mar 5, 2021
  2. stevenvh Win User

Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

I have a Word document saved in the OneDrive folder to allow autosave. But each time I open the document autosave is off again, and switching it on I get the message:

I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be... [​IMG]

Clicking that my document gets saved in the same folder, but with a new name: "document (1).docx". When I check on onedrive.live.com I see that both the original and the new "(1)" are there.
    However, when I reopen either of them autosave is off again. And when I switch it on I get the above message again.
    In the save options "autosave onedrive files by default" is checked.

Is there a way to fix this? I already tried cursing Microsoft for some 10 minutes, but that didn't help. Any other solutions?
    TIA
    _______
    Windows version: 10 Home, 1903 64-bit, build 18362.535
    Word, part of Office 365: version 1911, build 12228.20364

stevenvh, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    OneDrive and open Word docs

It probably won't sync until you have closed the document unless you are opening/working directly on the file that is stored on OneDrive. But you might check your autosave settings in Word, mine are for 10 minutes but then I don't use the cloud, work directly in My Documents/Documents.

Berton, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Nath Bea Win User

I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be...

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be... - Similar Threads - frequently working same

2. I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...: I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have to save another version. Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-working-in-a-word-document-and-after-short/227b40ee-9ca4-4b16-a4b7-0cc0c20691c1
  3. I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...: I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have to save another version. Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-working-in-a-word-document-and-after-short/227b40ee-9ca4-4b16-a4b7-0cc0c20691c1
  4. I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I am having this same audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having this same audio issue: I started having this same audio issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-audio-is-not-working-anymore/f0f4acc1-d152-4312-909b-2f6abb539d70A long time ago, however it was on my work PC and I didn't have any other devices around at the time to try to...
  6. Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive: I have a Word document saved in the OneDrive folder to allow autosave. But each time I open the document autosave is off again, and switching it on I get the message: [img] Clicking that my document gets saved in the same folder, but with a new name: "document (1).docx"....
  7. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am not able to open MS Word documents.: I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead." Please advise. Thank you! Ken...
  8. Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive: I have a Word document saved in the OneDrive folder to allow autosave. But each time I open the document autosave is off again, and switching it on I get the message: [img] Clicking that my document gets saved in the same folder, but with a new name: "document (1).docx"....
  9. I need to have all documents I scan go to Word and not OneDrive. Help please.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to have all documents I scan go to Word and not OneDrive. Help please.: I need scanned document to go to Word and not OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-need-to-have-all-documents-i-scan-go-to-word-and/0ae7b9c7-0683-4ce7-8ad6-c30ebe7e599e
  10. I am new to Word. I am trying to send what is currently a Word document to another party...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am new to Word. I am trying to send what is currently a Word document to another party...: Do I need to convert the Word document to a PDF document in order to email it? If so, how do I do that? If I need to " " " some other type of document before emailing it, to what do I convert it, and how? Thank you very much....