Windows 10: I am getting a cmd line error

Discus and support I am getting a cmd line error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting a cmd line error on a command line that I found online to stop and disable "wuauserv" so I am not bothered by Win up dates. It is not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Dec 16, 2019.

1. reble Win User

I am getting a cmd line error

I am getting a cmd line error on a command line that I found online to stop and disable "wuauserv" so I am not bothered by Win up dates. It is not a permanent fix and I have to re do it once in a while. The update message is bellow:
    ---------------------------
    Important Updates are Pending

The newest Windows feature update is ready to install. We need you to kick it off. With new features and apps. This one could take a little longer then other updates.

Ready? Restart now. Not ready? Pick a time that works for you.

[Pick a time] [Remind me later] [Restart now]

[and I right click the mouse on the Win icon > shutdown/log out and there is]

update and shutdown
    shutdown
    update restart
    --------------------
    [I would run cmd prompt in admin mode, then type the following cmd lines bellow to fix the "update and shutdown, update and restart" and this cmd's have been working just fine]
    -----------------------
    sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled

sc.exe stop wuauserv

then check to see if wuauserv is disabled
    -------------------
    [This cmd's have been working for some time. But tonight when I typed in the 1st cmd I didn't get the normal success message. I got the error message bellow:]
    -------------
    [SC] OpenService FAILED 5:

Access is denied.
    ------------
    [Does this mean that I don't have admin control on the cmd prompt window? If so, how did this happen?].

PS: I tried a warm reboot and a cold reboot (on the cold reboot I pulled the a/c power and the battery from the laptop). No change.

:)

reble, Dec 16, 2019

2. GPResult errors in the CMD line

Hi,

I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects for my home computer, with Windows 10.

I have entered the cmd as an administrator, and typed: gpresult /h gpreport.html

The result was an error message:

ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/h'.

When I type gpresult /? for usage, it does not show the /h option in the list.

Has this option been changed or taken away? How can I get an html report for gpresults?

Thanks

ChrisMuster, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10, Boot error 0xc000014c

I've tried this but get, "the system cannot find the path specified", after inputting each CMD line.

Lord Gabalfa, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile I am getting a cmd line error :)

Thema:

1. I am getting a cmd line error - Similar Threads - getting cmd line

2. I am getting this error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this error.: I am getting this error which says " C:\ProgramData\MIcrosoft\Windows\UUS\Packages\1201.2307.4011.0\AMD64\uusbrain.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using original installation media or contact your system...
  3. I am getting this error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting this error.: I am getting this error which says " C:\ProgramData\MIcrosoft\Windows\UUS\Packages\1201.2307.4011.0\AMD64\uusbrain.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using original installation media or contact your system...
  4. Why am I getting this error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this error?: Why am I getting this error? Is it because I'm on windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this-error/48b2a930-04e1-4bac-bd07-5616bf8c75ee
  5. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  6. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  7. CMD line for unninstal KB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CMD line for unninstal KB: Hi,how can be possible and in which way create command line for unninstal e.g. KB update "Update for Microsoft Office 2016 KB5002160 64-Bit-Edition", please?Thank you....
  8. CMD line for unninstal KB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD line for unninstal KB: Hi,how can be possible and in which way create command line for unninstal e.g. KB update "Update for Microsoft Office 2016 KB5002160 64-Bit-Edition", please?Thank you....
  9. CMD line for unninstal KB

10. I am getting this Error in Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting this Error in Dump: I looked at the dump files and came away with this. STACK_COMMAND: kb FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 IMAGE_VERSION: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE BUCKET_ID:...