Windows 10: I am getting a message' "Your Microsoft Security is off. "

Discus and support I am getting a message' "Your Microsoft Security is off. " in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting a message mMy Microsoft Security is off. I received an email (blackmail for $7,000 bitcoin or else...) "They" had my Password to sign... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JUDITHHENNEN1, Oct 1, 2018.

1. I am getting a message' "Your Microsoft Security is off. "

I am getting a message mMy Microsoft Security is off.

I received an email (blackmail for $7,000 bitcoin or else...) "They" had my Password to sign in. I changed it but..

I don't know if this is a real message or fishing to get my new sign in password, or?

Should I put the Security Alert on again somewhere in settings or?

J henne

:)

JUDITHHENNEN1, Oct 1, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 1, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Vayra86 Win User

I am getting a message' "Your Microsoft Security is off. "

Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

I am getting a message' "Your Microsoft Security is off. "

1. I am getting a message' "Your Microsoft Security is off. " - Similar Threads - getting message' Microsoft

2. I am getting this error message 0xc1900204

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this error message 0xc1900204: I have been getting this error 0xc1900204 for a while and have had no luck in finding a way round it while keeping my files as every attempt to follow instructionsWindows Update fails with error code 0xc1900204 - Microsoft Communityand others to solve has always cornered me...
  3. I am getting this error message 0xc1900204

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting this error message 0xc1900204: I have been getting this error 0xc1900204 for a while and have had no luck in finding a way round it while keeping my files as every attempt to follow instructionsWindows Update fails with error code 0xc1900204 - Microsoft Communityand others to solve has always cornered me...
  4. I am getting this error message 0xc1900204

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why i am getting this error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i am getting this error message?: The main problem is it can't synchronize, I tried uninstall onedrive but not change. It gives error problem when I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-getting-this-error-message/87cc18d0-4e76-4f48-974b-f706b4629d92
  6. Why i am getting this error message?

Why i am getting this error message?: The main problem is it can't synchronize, I tried uninstall onedrive but not change. It gives error problem when I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-getting-this-error-message/87cc18d0-4e76-4f48-974b-f706b4629d92
  7. i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in...: i AM GETTING A message that sAYS YOUR pin ISNT AVAILABLE, but there are no other sign in options available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-message-that-says-your-pin-isnt/6413d4f8-6c8b-4f68-9cbd-e39e9f27baa2
  8. How can I get off of Microsoft Security antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I get off of Microsoft Security antivirus: Split from this thread.I AM PUNITH BISWAKARMA HOW CAN I OFF MICROSOFT SECURITY ANTI VIRUS I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-off-of-microsoft-security-antivirus/a57975fd-7705-403e-87af-2323aeef0bce
  9. I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to log into the administrator account with my PIN and get the message "Your...: When I try the "Set up my PIN" function and enter password and text verification, it says sorry cannot setup PIN at this time and kicks me back to the "Enter the PIN" screen and I can't enter in the password as an alternative because there is no option to do so. I have tried...
  10. Why am I getting microsoft account out of date messages ?

Why am I getting microsoft account out of date messages ?: Why am I getting Microsoft account out of date messages when my mail and other account features are working fine and my password has not been changed for ages?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. message microsoft security app off