Windows 10: I am getting an advert for Office 365 everytime windows starts. I want it gone. Can...

Discus and support I am getting an advert for Office 365 everytime windows starts. I want it gone. Can... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a very self defeating advertisment appearing on my screen everytime I start windows 10 64 Pro. It urges me to create an office 365... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by UniversalGroup, May 14, 2020.

1. I am getting an advert for Office 365 everytime windows starts. I want it gone. Can...

Hi all,

I have a very self defeating advertisment appearing on my screen everytime I start windows 10 64 Pro.

It urges me to create an office 365 account. It is only one click to get rid of it but it is absolutely infuriating to me. I hate nagging advertisments with a passion and will not deal with any company that nags.

This is one of the worst. I cannot seem to get rid of it. I would not buy Office 365 now if I had a gun to my head.

But the worst thing is that I have spent huge amounts of time trying to make it go away including the following:

I turned off all notifications.

Looked for a start program option that might be enabling it. Couldn't find it.

Ran HiJack this to try and find and remove any Microsoft hijacking, but that didnt work.

I disabled the tip and tricks.

I exhaustively searched through GPEdit to find anything relating to Office 365. I couldn't find anything. Probably because I never had it installed and do not want it.

I totally disabled the windows store.

I looked for the ''get office'' program or any related services but I couldn't find any others.

I then started to get desperate. So I blocked all windows telemetry and Microsoft IP addresses completely using a third party program.

It is still there and it is now infuriating me beyond all reason. I would be very very grateful for any suggestions to remove this microsoft malware.

:)

UniversalGroup, May 14, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, May 14, 2020
  3. Office 365 for students

Its possible you need to download the software install files from the schools website if you purchased it through the school.

• Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office 365 Education.
    • Open the Microsoft Office 365 Web site.
    • On the Office in education screen, enter your IT Account NetID, followed by <university email
      address>
      and click Get Started.
    • Select I'm a student on the next page. You will be sent an email with instructions.
    • Follow the steps in the email. It is recommended that you use the same password as you use for other
      University services.

Andre Da Costa, May 14, 2020
  4. I am getting an advert for Office 365 everytime windows starts. I want it gone. Can...

Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 14, 2020
Thema:

I am getting an advert for Office 365 everytime windows starts. I want it gone. Can...

1. I am getting an advert for Office 365 everytime windows starts. I want it gone. Can... - Similar Threads - getting advert Office

2. MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online.: MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online. Office will not open. I am running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-365-saying-i-am-offline-when-i-am-online/011d16fc-db3b-4938-be9a-81260217a72e
  3. MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online.: MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online. Office will not open. I am running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-365-saying-i-am-offline-when-i-am-online/011d16fc-db3b-4938-be9a-81260217a72e
  4. Can I download Office 365 on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I download Office 365 on windows 10?: Can I install Office 365 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-office-365-on-windows-10/c6131e6b-6443-406c-b800-c5b2e07f6016
  5. Can I download Office 365 on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I download Office 365 on windows 10?: Can I install Office 365 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-office-365-on-windows-10/c6131e6b-6443-406c-b800-c5b2e07f6016
  6. Can I download Office 365 on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't get in to Office 365

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't get in to Office 365: I sent an invite to my son for my Office 365 account because we replaced his laptop. He accepted it and downloaded the program. However, he can't get anything to load because he gets sent in to the depths of hell with instructions that make no sense. I understand the complete...
  8. Can I get Excel only for Office 365?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I get Excel only for Office 365?: Can I get Excel only for Office 365? I don't need Word or Powerpoint. I don't want to pay for stuff I won't use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-excel-only-for-office-365/c0f48096-3efa-4c59-b3dd-ef269bf164de
  9. MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Office 365 saying I am offline when I am online: What do I need to do to enable MS Office 365 to see that I am online? If I open one of the suite and sign in straight away on switching the laptop on, then it does seem to work, but if I carry out any other functions and then open, say, PowerPoint, when I try to sign in, it...
  10. Office 365 requires sign in everytime now - started last week

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 requires sign in everytime now - started last week: Our family has the 365 five-pack plan, and we all use the Office apps everyday. Last week my wife's Office apps started requiring sign ons every time she starts them - Word is where we noticed it first, but it happens on everything. My Office apps do not do this. We have...