Windows 10: I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon...

Discus and support I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon identifies wdf01000.sys kernal mode driver framework runtime as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 775STM, Nov 19, 2020.

1. 775STM Win User

I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon...

I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon identifies wdf01000.sys kernal mode driver framework runtime as possibly being the issue. How can I fix this problem? Can I replace this?

I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon... d9ed08cf-5f65-44ea-8fe3-841a0e046104?upload=true.png

:)

775STM, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Fai9al023 Win User

Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Earnestz Win User
    DPC Latency Audio Crackling

Hi!

I originally created a different post but the community moderator that tried to help me hasn't responded for days, despite of the mail I wrote him. I hope that is okay.

My problem:

While playing Arma 3 I noticed strange crackling/popping noises in the menu and in-game when there were a lot of background sounds. I found a video of someone else on YouTube who had the same issue:

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/red...tube.com/watch?v=Z_aRVETLm_s&feature=youtu.be

The crackling was also brought to my attention during video playback on YouTube at some occasions. Sometimes videos froze or turned black. I did not think much of it when I first noticed it. A few days ago, I remember having a "nvlddmkm.sys stopped working
    and recovered" warning when the pc came back from sleep mode that I now recognize as another symptom of the issue. I also experienced multiple BSODs caused by nvlddmkm.sys a month or so ago that I suspected to be caused by faulty drivers. However, no BSOD
    has happened to me ever since. Today I got another "nvlddmkm.sys stopped working" notification while I was watching a YouTube video.

When I googled the sound crackles, I read that there might be a connection to a latency issue with my drivers. I installed LatencyMon (Dpc Latency checker doesn't work with Windows 10). I let it run in the background while I continued playing Arma 3 and it
    confirmed my suspicion. According to LatencyMon, the Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, my old friend Nvlddmkm.sys, is causing the "buffer underruns". I attached screenshots of the LatencyMon results to this post. When I found out that the problem lay with
    my graphics driver, I did a complete clean install of Windows 10. I turned off automatic driver updates and reinstalled all drivers manually from scratch. But the issue persisted. I even plugged in a different pair of speakers to see if my subwoofers were
    failing but still no avail. The new speakers had even worse sound disruptions (strange low tone background noise eve though there was no sound input). I also updated my BIOS.

I also changed the processor minimum state to 100% in the power plan settings and entered
    BCDEDIT /SET DISABLEDYNAMICTICK YES into an elevated command prompt. None of these fixes worked. I also booted the system up in safe mode, I could not reproduce the issue though, as I couldn't run LatencyMon, Microsoft Edge. I was unable to start any
    app.

As advised by ZigZag, I made a system file check with the sfc /scannow command (issues found and repaired). CBS log here:

Dropbox - Error

I also tested my GPU with Furmark. It completed a 30 Minute session on the 1280x720 preset without a problem.

Additionally, I tried an older GPU driver. That didn't fix the crackling and latency either.

I ran a Windows Performance Toolkit trace within 40 seconds of gameplay. I hope there is someone who could take a look at it and advise on how to further proceed:

Dropbox - Error

Here is another trace recording a latency spike after coming back from sleepmode:

Dropbox - Error

I would be very grateful if you could take a look at these as I really don't have any more options. There is one more thing: I installed Arma 3 and LatencyMon on a different machine also running Windows 10. It showed almost exactly the same symptoms, including
    the audio popping and the latency spikes. How is that possible?

Thank you for your help!

Earnestz, Nov 19, 2020
  4. CFLAGS Win User

I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon...

Realtek HD Audio latency leading to crackling sounds from the speakers

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio speakers driver. Everytime a sound is about to be play, the speakers of the laptop make a crackling sound, similar to the sound of static electricity.

I am using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I ran the Latencymon v 6.50 to check for latencies, and I get the following result:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

These results appear to be spot-on, however I'm surprised it mentions that at least one problem is network related, since I have the latest network drivers, and even when disabling the network adapters I still get the crackling sound.

I reckon the CPU throttling mentioned is related to the CPU exectution cap which I already set to 100%.

The other thing I need to mention is that this is a new laptop, and from the first day, even with the old drivers I noticed the crackling sound, and I assumed it would go away after I updated the drivers. I have all the newest drivers and I still get this problem.

The funny thing is that when I plug-in the laptop, it somehow does not give the crackling sound, but when I approach my ear to the speakers, I hear that they are on, even when nothing is playing ( I know because they emit some kind of barely distinguishable white noise). When the laptop is not plugged in however the speakers make the crackling noise before playing sound, and when they finish playing the sounds, the speakers go off ( when I approach my ear the white noise isn't heard anymore).

Notice that the crackling sound is heard only once: after I click on some audio to play; then the crackling disappears, only to appear when I got to the next song ( or audio file).

What do you suggest I do about it? In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but given the fact that during playback the speakers do not exhibit any weird behavior, I am led to believe it is a drivers' problem.

CFLAGS, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. I am getting issues with latency and audio skipping/popping/crackling. Latencymon... - Similar Threads - getting issues latency

2. High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops: Hello,I'm asking for help with my computer. I have audio pops and cracklings, with a small persistent background noise which really looks like interferencies I hear it louder when I move my mouse. I am using a headset wired with jack 3.5 cable, so I hear the interferences,...
  3. High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops: Hello,I'm asking for help with my computer. I have audio pops and cracklings, with a small persistent background noise which really looks like interferencies I hear it louder when I move my mouse. I am using a headset wired with jack 3.5 cable, so I hear the interferences,...
  4. DPC Latency Issues, Audio Popping and Crackling Horribly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency Issues, Audio Popping and Crackling Horribly: Hello. For about a week I have been experiencing glitchy, popping, crackling audio, This seems to mainly happen when streaming YouTube videos, Spotify, or any audio over internet while playing through my Focusrite Scarlett interface. When playing through headphones this...
  5. How To Fix Latency Issues Found With Latencymon Causing Choppy Audio

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How To Fix Latency Issues Found With Latencymon Causing Choppy Audio: A couple days ago I updated some drivers, and ever since then I've had choppy audio through multiple programs and devices. I rolled back the drivers, but that didn't help. I then did a clean install of Windows 10 to no avail. So, after all that, I used Latencymon to narrow it...
  6. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  8. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  9. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?: This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then the audio started to...
  10. high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds)

high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds): Hi guys, Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos when suddenly the sound cut out. I turned the volume back up only to find there was a loud staticky crackling pop as the only audio output. Audio output is fine on headphones. I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with...