Windows 10: I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

Discus and support I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ive been getting pop ups asking for a family member permission to open photos and videos in my folders and to access spotify. I have changed my age on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Petra_023, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Petra_023 Win User

I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

Ive been getting pop ups asking for a family member permission to open photos and videos in my folders and to access spotify. I have changed my age on the account and have removed myself from the family but nothing is working. I have been trying to fix this problem for over a year. Can anyone help? I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family cfc5943b-7803-40b9-ae8f-6e69272454ed?upload=true.png

:)

Petra_023, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Sten2.0 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family - Similar Threads - getting microsoft family

2. Family Restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  3. Microsoft Family restrictions causing startup issues.

Microsoft Family restrictions causing startup issues.: Upon restart, Microsoft Family service refuses to load properly on child's PC Win 10. Window appears to load/reload constantly flashing rapidly in upper left screen corner and prevents loading even of task manager to see what might be going on. Seems to occur after child's...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack: there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click on Time Restrictions...
  5. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  6. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....
  7. Im not in a microsoft family and i still have to ask for permission

Im not in a microsoft family and i still have to ask for permission: For some reason, even though i'm not in a Microsoft family, I still need to ask for permission to play f%$@ing hungry shark evolution on the xbox store on Windows 10! How do I fix this?!?!...
  8. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.: We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more...
  9. microsoft family

microsoft family: I am trying to open google chrome but get the following message: Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome Ask by email Trace ID: ubsAMd+XLkiXp74w.3.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US, S=California, L=Mountain View, O=Google Inc,...
  10. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am in my Microsoft family as a child, and the Family's parent is my father, who left us (didn't die, just divorce) a while ago, but I am still under his family. I have emailed him asking him to remove me, but the few times he responds, he says he 'doesn't know how to access...