Windows 10: I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors...

Discus and support I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey ! I need your help . This post is long and rightfully so as I want to provide as much info as I can to you guys for help , but if you want to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SambitSamantaray, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors...

Hey ! I need your help .

This post is long and rightfully so as I want to provide as much info as I can to you guys for help , but if you want to go straight into the issue then scroll down and see the event logs that I found in my Windows event viewer.

I have been going mad since last couple of weeks trying to understand what is happening with my system . I had built this system 2 months ago . I am now facing occasional shutdowns during boot on fresh start sometimes randomly ( has happened > 10 times already )

Specs :

Motherboard : Z390 AORUS MASTER

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 DDR4

CPU : Intel i9 9900K

GPU : NVIDIA RTX 2080ti Founders Edition

PSU : Corsair HX1000 (1000 watts)

Monitor : ROG STRIX XG248

Backstory ( please read this if you want to know of what I think may be the problem and some important notes about my setup ) :

I live in India where power cuts are pretty common . Thus I went with a UPS to go with the system . The UPS can provide an upwards of 660 watts of power . It was enough as I needed just the computer to be on until I could successfully shut it down . After building though , I came across a problem :

The PSU had 15 amp 240v plug while all my UPS output sockets were 5 amp 240v . According to my understanding I didn't think that my PSU will always pull in 15 amps or more than 5 given that I have bought the 1000 w PSU just for future upgrades and not for the wattage consumption because my setup theoretically can pull in max 620 - 630 watt as I am not doing any high end or power hungry tasks on it at the moment .

And surprisingly everything worked perfect , that is until a few weeks after when I encountered my first shutdown during boot ( just the mobo aorus logo on screen and then dead ) I freaked out but after pressing the power button again resulted in a successful and normal boot . I didn't quite think about it because the computer worked perfectly fine but then a few days after it happened again , then after a week again ….. so on .

These happened completely randomly and didn't happen always when I started the computer , but I could remember that most of the times it was when ( ONLY WHEN ) I switched on the both computer and UPS after a long period of the time leaving them switched off .

After the facing this issue 2-3 times I started looking at the log details and found that I had multiple

Event ID : 41 , Kernel Power Errors ( level : critical )

The tag " CRITICAL " freaked me out , I quickly opened the CPU and started redoing all the wiring , changing adapter plugs , changing plug points ….. and what not but nothing seem to work as I am getting these errors to this day and the funny thing about this which makes me even more confused is that my computer is working perfectly fine I even had it stress tested and took it to its maximum loads by running multiple benchmarks and stress tests like 3D MARK , PRIME 95 , AFTERBURNER , …. etc

I am seriously confused and while my computer works perfectly fine , I am always scared about something that is happening with my setup which cannot figure out and with each event log the fear keeps on increasing .

THE ISSUE AND THE EVENT LOGS :

Please do go through the logs and event details below and help me figure this out :

The list of events since the system was first turned on :

I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors... 5cf0f43c-a72b-4fda-ba5b-cf74bd91e82c?upload=true.png

Some of the events above have been registered even when I had no shut down during the startup .

While there are so many events but the event details seemed to be limited to these :

I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors... 18fb1078-2779-485f-b8df-6c9706f3c535?upload=true.png I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors... 418462cd-fc92-4c88-ae9a-f816f09f8b5a?upload=true.png

I have read countless articles and questions and threads on these bug check codes while doing my research but none of them had a similar issue as mine . I seriously hope someone who understands this could tell me what exactly is happening or being told by these entries .

Is it a windows issue ? Is it a power issue ? Is it because I turned on the CPU too early after turning on the UPS ( I think its a trend ) ? Is it some other error ? idk .

I just don't wanna kill my setup ignoring these warnings just because everything works perfectly fine afterwards .

Please do help me . Thankyou in advance .

:)

SambitSamantaray, Jul 3, 2019

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Michelle Vil, Jul 3, 2019
  4. MrDhruv Win User

I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors...

Critical Error Event id 41

1. Device type: PC

2. Who made it and model: Intel core i5, 4670. db85fl motherboard, assembled.

3. OS type: Pro

4. Current build. 15063.674

6. Its happening in idle mode also everywhere....

7. no errors, just restarts...

in event log it says critical error 41

MrDhruv, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors...

1. I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors... - Similar Threads - getting occaisonal shutdowns

2. Unexpected Shutdown Kernel-Power critical error event id 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Shutdown Kernel-Power critical error event id 41: Hello,Since last night my computer has been crashing randomly whenever I launch games. I can't reliably replicate the problem because the crash happens at completely random times.I looked in event viewer and attached are the details.Also here are the minidump files, there are...
  3. Unexpected Shutdown Kernel-Power critical error event id 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected Shutdown Kernel-Power critical error event id 41: Hello,Since last night my computer has been crashing randomly whenever I launch games. I can't reliably replicate the problem because the crash happens at completely random times.I looked in event viewer and attached are the details.Also here are the minidump files, there are...
  4. Unexpected Shutdown Kernel-Power critical error event id 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Critical Error Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error Event ID 41: PC win 10 keeps locking up for the last 6 months or so...HP Pavillion Elite HPEFresh installed win 10 and some apps.... a few days ago but it is still happening..It locked up twice in the last couple of days..Sharing the dump file and a screen shot of the event viewer.. and...
  6. Critical Error Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error Event ID 41: PC win 10 keeps locking up for the last 6 months or so...HP Pavillion Elite HPEFresh installed win 10 and some apps.... a few days ago but it is still happening..It locked up twice in the last couple of days..Sharing the dump file and a screen shot of the event viewer.. and...
  7. Critical Error Event ID 41

8. Reoccurring Critical Error Event ID 41

Reoccurring Critical Error Event ID 41: I want to correct a critical error that is always in my Event Viewer (see attachment). [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reoccurring-critical-error-event-id-41/65dc802f-0954-465e-856d-eb7e5390e5af
  9. Need Assistance - Critical error Event ID 41 after every shutdown and

Need Assistance - Critical error Event ID 41 after every shutdown and: BACKGROUND: I'm troubleshooting a critical error message I receive in the event log. It's the same as has been previously reported here. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10, my system was running Windows 7 Pro SP1. When running my previous OS (WIN 7) I rarely had errors...
  10. Critical error Event ID 41 after every shutdown and bootup.

Critical error Event ID 41 after every shutdown and bootup.: ==> NOTE <== I placed this thread under the "bsod-crashes-debugging" forum because I wasn't sure where it belonged. If the moderator is able to move it to a more appropriate forum, please do so. If it is moved to a different forum, please inform me via email. Thanks in...