Windows 10: I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden.

Discus and support I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have been googling back and forth trying to figure out how to deal with this but nothing helpful came up. I have also tried getting in touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LudwigHultgren Bolander, May 2, 2020.

1. I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden.

Hi guys. I have been googling back and forth trying to figure out how to deal with this but nothing helpful came up. I have also tried getting in touch with Microsoft support but the live chat option is not working for me and I would prefer not to do this over call, as I have zero reception in my work room and I need to be close to the computer for the technical info.

So my problem is that all of a sudden I spot the "Activate Windows" watermark and when I go to check it in settings, I get the error message

"We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure that you are connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue having problem with your activation, contact your organisation's support person. Error code: 0x8007007B"

Now my problem is that I bought this PC second hand. So I did not do any of the OS installing and the only thing I have added so far is a new graphics card and RAM but this was months ago. The seller and I did not leave on the best of terms due to the above that I had to install a new graphics card because he sold me a faulty one. So I will not be able to get the activation key from him and I am not sure where he got his from.

So what are my options here? Did he use a company activation key and I need to buy a new one? Any help is appreciated.

//Ludwig

:)

LudwigHultgren Bolander, May 2, 2020

2. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden. c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, May 2, 2020
  3. wu-tang Win User
    Can't permenantly get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark

I started on a clean install of Windows 10 on a new home PC build last year using one of the public keys available. Since then there have been several times that I've needed to reinstall Windows when I ran into problems and everything has been fine.

A couple weeks ago I needed to reinstall again and did as I have before. Only now there is the ever-present

"Activate Windows

Go to Settings to activate Windows."

watermark. I go into settings and click activate but I get red error text "Windows can't activate right now. Try activation later. If that doesn't work, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x8007232B"

The only way to get rid of it is to go to Settings->Update & Security->Windows Update where I have a bulletin

"There's a problem with getting preview builds...

• Your preview build settings need attention. Go to Advanced options to fix this issue."
    When I go to advanced options underneath "Get Insider Preview builds" and my microsoft account it says

"Your security settings need attention to get Insider Preview Builds" with a box saying "Fix me" beneath

Clicking the box displays a message box saying "Your security settings need attention. We need to change security settings on your device so you can get Insider Preview builds. We'll fix this right now, then you'll need to restart your device"

I confirm and restart the PC. When it reboots the watermark is gone! However after several hours the watermark will reappear and the cycle restarts which is very annoying. I've tried activating through command prompt and even get "Successfully activated!"
    message but the watermark remains. How can I get rid of this watermark for good?

wu-tang, May 2, 2020
  4. I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden.

Activate Windows watermark will not go away.

The "Activate Windows" watermark on the lower right of my screen will not go away. I have successfully activated windows. The issue is the persistence of the watermark. I have had multiple suggestions from people on this forum of things to modify in the
    registry, none of which have worked. I have installed all of the latest available Windows updates.

Thanks,

Dennis

DennyMoyes, May 2, 2020
Thema:

I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden.

1. I am getting the watermark "Activate Windows" all of a sudden. - Similar Threads - getting watermark Activate

2. "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared: So I noticed about a week ago my windows is suddenly not activated anymore. I bought this PC from someone who built it from scratch and installed windows pro on it themselves, I don't know the product key but it should be a full version and it worked fine up till now.I've...
  3. getting watermark to activate windows

getting watermark to activate windows: Have had windows 10 since the free upgrade when it was released in 2015. In the past week there is a water mark saying to activate windows. I have tried to enter the product key that is on this computer and am told it is not good. I think this happened when the lastest update...
  4. Activate windows watermark appeared all of a sudden.

Activate windows watermark appeared all of a sudden.: I activated my windows a few years back. sadly, that e-mail has long been lost, my mistake. However, today, the "activate windows: go to settings, to activate windows" watermark appeared on my screen. The CMd tells me that my windows key should not be able to expire, and even...
  5. Sudden watermark Activate Windows - Go To settings to activate windows

Sudden watermark Activate Windows - Go To settings to activate windows: I've suddenly had this watermark appear on my screen following a house move. My computers says it's running windows pro and yet when I troubleshoot it's telling me there is no connection to my organisations server and I need to switch to windows home. Any advice please?...
  6. Why has a windows activation watermark appeared suddenly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why has a windows activation watermark appeared suddenly?: I have been using my PC for about a year straight. First, I didn’t build this, it was a gift from my uncle and these past 2 weeks it has been acting quite strange with app crashes and files randomly going missing but I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was just...
  7. I suddenly got an "activate windows go to settings to activate windows" watermark on my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I suddenly got an "activate windows go to settings to activate windows" watermark on my...: I suddenly got an "activate windows go to settings to activate windows" watermark on my windows laptop which came with a genuine windows 10 home......please help on how to get it reactivated,.....i tried troubleshooting activation but it throwing an error submitted by...
  8. Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.

Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.: [ATTACH] I have attached a PNG. As you can see, I have went to settings and it is telling me its activated. If that's true, why do I get the watermark EVERY time I boot with no internet connection? I use this laptop for 3D design and I look bad when the customer sees this....
  9. Activate Windows watermark suddenly appeared

Activate Windows watermark suddenly appeared: No changes have been made to the hardware, and I've had this laptop for nearly two years. This morning, a watermark appeared in the bottom right corner of my screen telling me to activate windows. On the activation page in settings it tells me I don't have a valid digital...
  10. All of a sudden I am now getting Active Com is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of a sudden I am now getting Active Com is not working: This appeared after a windows update a couple of days ago and now I cannot connect to my internet at all. I tried to go search for the network trouble shooter and it tells me it can not find network?, The system later tries to run the trouble shooter itself and can not find...