Windows 10: I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and...

Discus and support I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whitecheesepasta [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whitecheesepasta, Sep 10, 2022.

1. I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and...

/u/whitecheesepasta, Sep 10, 2022
  2. David Haz Win User

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 10, 2022
  3. Jim8080 Win User
    Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and... [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Sep 10, 2022
  4. I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and...

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 10, 2022
Thema:

I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and...

1. I am getting this purple typing sign due to some setting changes I made while sleeping and... - Similar Threads - getting purple typing

2. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  3. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  4. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot change some settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change some settings: Hi,I have installed Windwos Server 2022 in hyper-v M. I then try to change some settings from:Secpol.mscUnder: Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User RIght Assignment -> "Take ownership of tiles or other objects"From Hyper-v M I noted that this setting cannot be edited...
  6. I cannot change some settings

I cannot change some settings: Hi,I have installed Windwos Server 2022 in hyper-v M. I then try to change some settings from:Secpol.mscUnder: Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User RIght Assignment -> "Take ownership of tiles or other objects"From Hyper-v M I noted that this setting cannot be edited...
  7. I am having issue while changing some of the Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having issue while changing some of the Start Menu icons: Hello. I am trying to replace the icons of my start menu programs with white icons. Most icons have changed, but it is not possible to change some of icons such as Chrome, Opera, Visual Studio. They allow me to change their icons ofcourse, but new white icons doesn't appear...
  8. I am having issue while changing some of the Start Menu icons

I am having issue while changing some of the Start Menu icons: Hello. I am trying to replace the icons of my start menu programs with white icons. Most icons have changed, but it is not possible to change some of icons such as Chrome, Opera, Visual Studio. They allow me to change their icons ofcourse, but new white icons doesn't appear...
  9. I am having issue while changing some of the Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. I am unable reset windows to factory settings due to some reasons.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable reset windows to factory settings due to some reasons.: I tried resetting my pc to factory settings and encountered a problem which stated that windows cannot be reset "no changes were made" I tried all possible methods to carry out the procedure but still all attempts were in vain. please suggest me an effective way of solving...