Windows 10: I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

Discus and support I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DQChang, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DQChang Win User

I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message saying "The dictionary attack mitigation is traiggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider."

Why is this suddenly happening? Everything was working fine before.

Is my brand new PC compromised?

:)

DQChang, Jan 3, 2019

2. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I can use my MS password to get in, but the pin problem is real. Restarting does not allow the pin to be used. For several days now I get the same tired message: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, restart your device." Restarting
    changes nothing.

EdwinEisendrath, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I will try waiting several days as you did. When steps are suggested they aren't understanding that there are no choice...the screen just says you have entered the wrong pin too many times....that's all. Then restart your computer. No other choices are
    on the screen.

GeorgiaBailey, Jan 3, 2019
  4. I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I have Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3. Everything works great until today. I use a local account with NO password, but I set up a simple pin. Today, it doesn't recognize my Pin. It says

"You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, restart your device."

I restarted many time and it shows the same message even when I only entered once. Is there any way I can get in to my device without resetting it?

NackAthens, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

1. I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up - Similar Threads - getting entered incorrect

2. It says that I have entered an incorrect PIN several times and now I have to put in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says that I have entered an incorrect PIN several times and now I have to put in a...: Please help me because I can not reset my PIN on my PC and it will not give me any options other then this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-that-i-have-entered-an-incorrect-pin/48e57120-3ff9-455c-8e2d-456da4e9d1e8
  3. It says that I have entered an incorrect PIN several times and now I have to put in a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says that I have entered an incorrect PIN several times and now I have to put in a...: Please help me because I can not reset my PIN on my PC and it will not give me any options other then this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-that-i-have-entered-an-incorrect-pin/48e57120-3ff9-455c-8e2d-456da4e9d1e8
  4. It says that I have entered an incorrect PIN several times and now I have to put in a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times

I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times: I have two MS accounts on my computer. However, the main account will not let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-the-following-message-youve-entered/fcaa8dc8-cfc0-4298-b18f-88c0efb4052d
  6. I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times: I have two MS accounts on my computer. However, the main account will not let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-the-following-message-youve-entered/fcaa8dc8-cfc0-4298-b18f-88c0efb4052d
  7. I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how to remove "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" prompt: Ever since my girlfriend entered the wrong pin several times it asks me to input A1B2C3 along with the prompt "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" does anyone know how to get rid of it?...
  9. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up: This is a brand new Windows 10 laptop from Best Buy. We set the PIN a few days ago. The user reset the PIN and can now not login with the old or the new PIN. They keep getting the message "You have entered an incorrect pin several times". See the screenshot[ATTACH]...
  10. Login: i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times

Login: i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times: When trying to login on my asus laptop i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times it then asks me to try again using a1b2cr or i can use other options which are microsoft account password or pin . This is the first time i have been asked to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dictionary attack mitigation triggered

2. the dictionary attack mitigation is triggered

3. Windows login asking for challenge phrase

4. why does my pc say that i have entered an incorrect pin when i havent been on all day,
  5. youve entered an incorrect pin several times when I havent even tried to log in,
  6. dictionary attack mitigation,
  7. why does my computer says youve entered an incorrect PIN several times,
  8. error message - you have tried to enter your password too many times enter challange phrase windowsA1B1C3,
  9. Microsoft incorrect pin several times,
  10. what does the attack mitigation is triggered,
  11. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered; Device locked,
  12. you enter incorrect pin several times,
  13. windows 10 incorrect pln message,
  14. windows 10 incorrect pin too many times on startup,
  15. Youve entered an incorrect pin too many times