Windows 10: I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...

Discus and support I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office softwares in that computer under my account so he can use them.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TomásAyala-Torres, Mar 26, 2019.

1. I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...

I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office softwares in that computer under my account so he can use them. How do I do this?

:)

TomásAyala-Torres, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 26, 2019
  4. I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...

1. I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office... - Similar Threads - giving old computer

2. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  3. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  4. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?...
  6. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?...
  7. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I am giving my grandson my pc. how do i exchange details

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am giving my grandson my pc. how do i exchange details: I am giving my grandson my pc. how do i exchange details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-giving-my-grandson-my-pc-how-do-i-exchange/baa5f85e-b67a-4d18-a183-f66043519551
  9. Hand off my computer to my grandson

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hand off my computer to my grandson: How to I hand off my computer to my grandson without allowing him access to my email, one drive, etc. any of my personal information.???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hand-off-my-computer-to-my-grandson/050cb367-5866-4563-8885-ddf479ef94ef
  10. I am cancelling my Office 365 account. I want all my files on my desktop, not in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am cancelling my Office 365 account. I want all my files on my desktop, not in OneDrive.: I keep getting red X's because my cloud account is full but I cannot seem to divert my files from saving to the cloud. I tried opening a new file but Word and Excel would not accept it C:\ThisPC\Desktop\Documents\Documents\newfolder. What can I do to ensure that my files...