Windows 10: I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and...

Discus and support I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and dont copy data ? Cause i dont want old data on my new drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evan's Weekes, Jun 16, 2024.

1. I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and...

I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and dont copy data ? Cause i dont want old data on my new drive

:)

Evan's Weekes, Jun 16, 2024

2. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

Hey gents -

I went back to micro center and they absolutely insisted that the SSD I bought is compatible with the motherboard. They thought my problem to be bizarre and suggested that I swap the SSDs around (so that my normal SSD is in the "Ultra M.2" slot and the new empty SSD is in the normal M.2 slot). Well, that made my issue even stranger.

When my normal SSD is plugged into the "Ultra M.2" slot, I am able to get to BIOS and UEFI, but the computer refuses to boot normally. Two boot options show up under my UEFI menu - Realtek PXE and some kind of non-network boot option. Booting with the PXE option launches something called "Realtek Gigabit Ethernet Controller" and presents me with an error: "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable". Booting with the other option boots the computer as if there is nothing plugged into either slot - it prompts me to plug in a boot device and "press any key".

I do not know what is going on here. If the "Ultra M.2" slot does not work as the above result leads me to believe, why does my computer bug out when the empty drive is plugged into it?

If it would help, I could take photos so you all could get a better idea of what is going on.

theugliestgreen, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Js3199 Win User
    Migrating Windows 10 from m.2 sata to new pcie nvme ssd

Hello all,

I'm going to upgrade my current m.2 sata 128gb to a m.2 pcie nvme 480gb and have questions about migrating Windows over. From my understanding since i have a laptop and cant connect both drives at the same time and pcie nvme isnt supported externally I was
    going to try and create a restore disk of my current drive and then image it to my new drive. Will this work?

Again my process will be, create rescue disk and image to usb, power down and swap drives, enable usb boot to my usb and power on, run the rescue disk and image to my new pcie nvme ssd.

Does anyone see problems with this? Do I need a large usb or will 32gb work for a 128gb ssd?

Js3199, Jun 16, 2024
  4. I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and...

How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Hello Everyone,

I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from my old 256GB M.2 SSD to this new one. All went good and my system and Bios sees the New Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
    SSD and it boots to it and runs just Great.

However.. my new Drive is only using the first 250GB like the old drive was. My new drive has 227.30GB of Unallocated space on it.

How can I us all of the New drive??... Is there a Free utility or Paid or can this simple be done in Windows 10 that will allow me to move the unused "unallocated" portion so I can Us my whole 500GB drive??... I tried both EaseUS and Macrium
    Free ware with no Luck.

I'm running the newest drivers and Windows 10 1809 x64. And as you can probably tell I'm new to this and would GREATLY appreciate a step by step on how to do this.

Thank-You for your Help in Advance.

Leprechaun J, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and...

1. I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and... - Similar Threads - going swap ssd

2. I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and...: I am going to swap the ssd m.2 drive for a new one will it allow me to have a new start and dont copy data ? Cause i dont want old data on my new drive...
  3. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  4. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  5. New M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  6. New M.2

New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  7. Seperate Windows installation on new m.2 SSD drive not bootable.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seperate Windows installation on new m.2 SSD drive not bootable.: Hello everyone, I've been struggling to find a solution to this for hours on end now so I'm hoping someone can help out Just yesterday I upgraded to a new m.2 SSD and want to use it as my system drive. So I loaded up a USB stick up with a Windows image with the help of...
  8. New M.2 NMVe SSD recognized but not usable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New M.2 NMVe SSD recognized but not usable: Alright folks, I usually manage on my own but here I'm starting to lose my mind, and I'm not familiar with PCI express stuff. Any help is appreciated. I built my own PC some years ago, here are the relevant specs : Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 850 EVO SSD 256GB with 1 TB HDD...
  9. 0xc0000098 On new M.2 SSD

0xc0000098 On new M.2 SSD: Ive been trying, (unsuccessfully) to install a usb copy of windows 10 onto my new 1tb m.2 ssd. So far i have tried just about every boot option my bios has and i cant get the program to load. when i boot up my other drive that currently has a working copy of windows the...
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011