Windows 10: I am having a problem keeping my battery icon displayed on the taskbar.

Discus and support I am having a problem keeping my battery icon displayed on the taskbar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Under "turn system icons on or off" in settings, the icon is on, but gray in color. sometimes when I boot up, the icon shows on the taskbar. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FreyVM, Sep 9, 2018.

1. FreyVM Win User

I am having a problem keeping my battery icon displayed on the taskbar.

Under "turn system icons on or off" in settings, the icon is on, but gray in color. sometimes when I boot up, the icon shows on the taskbar. Other times not. To get it to reappear, I have to open the device manger. Then I click "battery" Then I disable both drivers and enable them again to reset the icon. This is only a temporary fix. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers also hasn't helped. I checked the drivers for updates and they are current. It's annoying. I have a Samsung Notebook updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. This issue only appeared recently. Any suggestions?

I

'

:)

FreyVM, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 9, 2018
  3. No Battery Icon in Taskbar Windows 10

There is no battery option in device manager

KlutchPlayz, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

No Battery Icon in Taskbar Windows 10

Hi Klutch,

It is possible that there is an issue with the drivers of your computer's battery. This can be the reason why the battery icon in the taskbar is missing and the
    Power icon in the System tray options is greyed out. We need to refresh the drivers of the battery so that its icon will appear in the task bar again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries, and then right-click AC Adapter.
    • Choose Disable.
    • Right-click ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, and choose
      Disable.
    • After disabling these two drivers, re-enable them.
    • Check if the battery icon is present in the taskbar.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. I am having a problem keeping my battery icon displayed on the taskbar. - Similar Threads - having problem keeping

2. Am I having driver issues or is my display the problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I having driver issues or is my display the problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/heapingbowlofrice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u6jyra/am_i_having_driver_issues_or_is_my_display_the/
  3. I am having problems with my display!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having problems with my display!: In many apps from Microsoft Store as well as desktop apps such as WhatsApp Desktop, Teams app, Edge, Chrome, etc. having their text blurring and when I move my cursor towards them then it is clearly visible. Also, whenever I play any video on edge or chrome or even in the...
  4. battery icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery icon in taskbar: battery icon is missing in taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-in-taskbar/45ffb9af-1b51-415c-82d0-8523819449f2
  5. Battery icon taskbar

Battery icon taskbar: Hi Guys Since 2 days the taskbar isn't showing the battery icon. I have rebooted the device many times but it is still not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-taskbar/7687ab6d-6d69-41d9-8557-304029412e01
  6. Battery icon on taskbar

Battery icon on taskbar: My battery icon from my task bar disappeared. I tried the taskbar settings - "select which icons appear on the taskbar" and "turn system icons on or off". Under the "select which icons appear on the taskbar" there is not a battery icon, and under "turn system icons on or off"...
  7. Battery icon doesn't display on taskbar

Battery icon doesn't display on taskbar: As the title says but the bigger issue is that the toggle for the battery icon is locked to on meaning I can't toggle it on or off to try to reset it. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Thanks in advance....
  8. Battery icon on taskbar

Battery icon on taskbar: My battery icon on taskbar is disappear. When I looked at the settings, the power icon was on, but the battery icon still missing. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-on-taskbar/40ce1e59-1983-4183-93a0-203c9e84fffc
  9. my microsoft battery icon is not being displayed on taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microsoft battery icon is not being displayed on taskbar in windows 10: i tried disabling microsoft batter driver in device manager and battery icon appeared but as soon as i rebooted the system , it again disppeared...
  10. Battery icon not displaying in taskbar after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon not displaying in taskbar after boot: Hey, I have a problem, ever since I took the anniversary update ~1 week ago, every time I turn my computer off and on again (I have fast startup on), the battery icon doesn't appear unless I restart the explorer.exe process or reboot, and it's really annoying, does anyone...