Windows 10: I am having a problem with my Asus laptop disconnecting from wifi 20 to 30 times a day...

Discus and support I am having a problem with my Asus laptop disconnecting from wifi 20 to 30 times a day... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have checked on network adaptors/drivers and it tells me it is the latest model. I have changed the power options in 2 locations so it should not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DawnCooksley, Aug 14, 2020.

1. I am having a problem with my Asus laptop disconnecting from wifi 20 to 30 times a day...

I have checked on network adaptors/drivers and it tells me it is the latest model. I have changed the power options in 2 locations so it should not be disconnecting the internet due to power balance or time intervals... it will disconnect but the wifi connection still indicates it is connected...if I click on the wifi connection and disconnect and immediately reconnect it comes back up in a few seconds...this has been happening for less than 3 or 4 weeks...

I have searched on the internet and have not been able to find anything that works...my other computer is not doing this just my laptop it is an ASUS notebook intel core i5 ...bought in Jan 2020... I have also removed the wifi driver totally and had it reinstall on start up..but same issues... I removed browser history and all cookies ...lost all my yahoo accounts permanently now but that did not help ...just caused more issues...

Any suggestions?

:)

DawnCooksley, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. PK33IC Win User
    WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect!

My ASUS X540S with Windows 10 will connect to my home WiFi fine for about 20 minutes, but will then suddenly disconnect. The name of the home WiFi will still be listed as secure, but when I try to connect to it, I get the message
    "Can't connect to this network." The only way to successfully reconnect is to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up, which is time consuming and frustrating. This problem is exacerbated by temperature change and planes flying
    overhead, but I know the problem isn't the WiFi/router because my smartphone is connected to it and experiences little to no interruptions. Any suggestions? Thank you for taking time out to help, it is greatly appreciated!

PK33IC, Aug 14, 2020
  4. listerwei Win User

I am having a problem with my Asus laptop disconnecting from wifi 20 to 30 times a day...

Laptop wifi keeps disconnecting/timing out

Hello I have an ASUS ROG Gl752VW laptop and I've been having this problem with my wifi connection. My wifi connection from my laptop to the router would sometimes randomly time out and disconnect. At first, I thought it was my WIFI router that was causing
    the problem. However even when I switched to a different internet provider with a different router, the problem persists. At times when my laptop wifi times out and disconnects randomly, my phone still worked perfectly well on the same network. Then I thought
    something was wrong with the network card (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265). However after one factory reset of my computer, the wifi worked fine after the reset. A few weeks later, the problem came back after the reset. I was getting annoyed with the problem,
    so I decided to plug in a USB wifi dongle I had around my house and plugged it in my laptop. Then, I went to the device manager and disabled the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265 and updated/enabled my USB wifi dongle. The problem of the wifi disconnecting
    for my laptop was solved, but the wifi still kept timing out. I tried everything. From updating the drivers for the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265 to flushing the DNS using CMD, but nothing seemed to fix the problem. Does anybody have any idea how to fix
    this problem?

Specs:

ASUS ROG GL752VW

Intel Core i7 6700HQ

16GB DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M (2GB GDDR5)

1TB Hard drive

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265

This computer is about 2.5 years old

listerwei, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

I am having a problem with my Asus laptop disconnecting from wifi 20 to 30 times a day...

1. I am having a problem with my Asus laptop disconnecting from wifi 20 to 30 times a day... - Similar Threads - having problem Asus

2. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  3. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  4. Wifi is disconnecting a few times a day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is disconnecting a few times a day.: victus hp 16 inEdition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎19/‎08/‎2022 OS build 22000.856 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.856.0 Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 16,0 GB 15,3 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  5. Wifi is disconnecting a few times a day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is disconnecting a few times a day.: victus hp 16 inEdition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎19/‎08/‎2022 OS build 22000.856 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.856.0 Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 16,0 GB 15,3 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting, many times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi keeps disconnecting, many times a day: I've getting sick of Windows 10 ! My wifi keeping disconnecting, although the icon says its "connected with no internet", so I disconnect at the icon and then reconnect and its fine for seconds, minutes or maybe even an hour or two. This is making working from home...
  7. Wifi disconnecting from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnecting from laptop: My laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi since it was updated to Windows 10, I never had this issue before and I have changed my wifi router but it is still the same?...
  8. I got disconnected from my wifi multiple times

I got disconnected from my wifi multiple times: I got disconnected from my wifi multiple times suddenly. Whenever I check my wifi connection, I can't find my wifi and I have to restart my wifi and search the wifi again to see it again. Am I getting attack by deauthentication attacks? If no, what happened? If yes, how...
  9. My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

My Laptop disconnects from wifi network: For a while my pc would disconnect from wifi network on its own itstarted out that way now it would disconnect and when i try to reconnect to my network it wouldn't reconnect and when i deactivate wifi altogether and reactivate it no wifi network would be detected sometimes...
  10. Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956

Wifi disconnects all the time on ASUS laptop Qualcomm Atheros AR956: Hi, I had this problem on another post and though it was solved so I marked it as solved. After half a day with a new driver from the manufacturer the problem started again. So it isnt solved. ASUS X55B, laptop, AMD dual Core A9, Network adapter is Qualcomm AR956. I noticed...