Windows 10: I am having a sinking feeling.

Discus and support I am having a sinking feeling. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have many pdf files. Many NTSB Reports. All my bills that I have paid online over the last few years. Microsoft Edge Browser can read the files. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jcloversX, Feb 20, 2021.

1. jcloversX Win User

I am having a sinking feeling.

I have many pdf files. Many NTSB Reports. All my bills that I have paid online over the last few years.
    Microsoft Edge Browser can read the files. But does it continue to save the file on my local hard drive or is it making a copy through One Drive?

I was almost at the tipping point of downloading the "free" Adobe DC Reader. But the DC part gave me pause. I have since learned that DC means Document Cloud. I have tried to find out if that means that the only way I can access the file is through an online application and then the document gets uploaded to "to Adobe Drive". I don't trust online applications there are two many security breaches. So at this point it looks like my old fashion way of paying bills is gone and I will now be forced to use the bill pay option through the bank. What a load of moose caca!

:)

jcloversX, Feb 20, 2021
  2. largegroh Win User

How to sink desktop with laptop

I have a new desktop coming. After setting it up, programs, passwords, etc I want to sink my laptop to with it to have all the same settings, programs, passwords, etc. I am not sure if this can be done but would like to do it if possible. I do not know how though. Help if you can or tell me it can not be done. thx in advance.

A step by step how t o would be great if possible!

largegroh, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Stubbs_55 Win User
    Sinking/linking android phone to win 10 pc

How do I sink my android phone to my win 10 pc? One thing I would like to do is have my phone pictures automatically sinked with my pc. What are the steps to make this happen or could someone point out a link with instructions?

Stubbs_55, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Compumind Win User

NVMe M.2 heat sinks

@Fantail and others -

I actually suggest to use a NVMe SSD heat sink if you can get it for a good price. SSD's tend to run extremely hot.
    There are also external NVMe SSD USB enclosures that have large heat sinks built in or other serious venting.

See this -

Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it? | TweakTown

These are for even heat dissipation and component prolongation.
    You don't have to buy them but it is a worthwhile investment.

However, your internal cooling is the most important item.
    Invest in that, too, if the case airflow and temps aren't good enough.

HTH

*Think

Compumind, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I am having a sinking feeling. - Similar Threads - having sinking feeling

2. Random glitches make me feel like I am in a Creepypasta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random glitches make me feel like I am in a Creepypasta: I have been having this problem for years. Occasionally, my computer will bluescreen at random for short periods of time. It would also distort the audio and freeze the screen, and then after a few seconds, would go back to normal as if nothing ever happened. Until recently,...
  3. Random glitches make me feel like I am in a Creepypasta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random glitches make me feel like I am in a Creepypasta: I have been having this problem for years. Occasionally, my computer will bluescreen at random for short periods of time. It would also distort the audio and freeze the screen, and then after a few seconds, would go back to normal as if nothing ever happened. Until recently,...
  4. I feel am being bullied by Microsoft to Update to Windows 11!

I feel am being bullied by Microsoft to Update to Windows 11!: I kept receiving notices to upgrade/update to Windows 11, and I do not wish to do so now. I cannot dismiss the screen without choosing the option to decline the update. The notifications, however, are becoming increasingly more threatening. from "upgrade now" to "decline...
  5. I feel am being bullied by Microsoft to Update to Windows 11!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I feel am being bullied by Microsoft to Update to Windows 11!: I kept receiving notices to upgrade/update to Windows 11, and I do not wish to do so now. I cannot dismiss the screen without choosing the option to decline the update. The notifications, however, are becoming increasingly more threatening. from "upgrade now" to "decline...
  6. Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I have my heat sink installed incorrectly?: I bought and installed the ARESGAME River 5 CPU Air Cooler and in the reviews for it people are getting 22c for there temps and I'm getting anywhere from 30 to 40c with the same cooler. Any ideas? The cpu I'm using is i5 4590 (should also be mentioned in the specs on my...
  7. Sinking iphone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sinking iphone: how do I link my iphone to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sinking-iphone/f2228fa6-9255-41d9-8042-02e1d053a2dc
  8. I have a feeling my pc is hacked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a feeling my pc is hacked: Hello, I can't seem to open task manager it's saying "task manager has been disabled by your administrator" [ATTACH] But, the problem is... I AM the administrator well yeah the owner of this pc so please help...
  9. sink music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sink music: How do I sink midia player to my phone Droid Z7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sink-music/75868018-d3cc-4cdd-b8ba-fb7a8e705618"
  10. sink

sink: what do I need to do to add this email to others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sink/46e8f39c-111b-44f6-acd2-3d4e7d45c20d