Windows 10: i am having a very hard time installing an .msi file HELP

Discus and support i am having a very hard time installing an .msi file HELP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-a-very-hard-time-installing-an-msi/4c292998-7ae3-4648-99cd-633e68171fbd Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rosbygordon, Mar 25, 2020.

1. i am having a very hard time installing an .msi file HELP

I NEED HELP

:)

rosbygordon, Mar 25, 2020
  2. rk3066 Win User

Having such hard time installing this Driver

I have a OurLink RTK8192 Wireless Adapter and I've tried everything in the book but nothing seems to work and yes I've gone through the CD and there's no Install App. for Linux only for Windows though i have installed on there.

Give me A step-by-step copy/paste guide please

rk3066, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 25, 2020
  4. i am having a very hard time installing an .msi file HELP

Can't install msi files.

Hello Arjun,

This error could be caused by an incorrect setup file for your Windows version or the download may have been corrupted. To isolate the issue about installing the MSI file, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you checked if the setup file of the application matches the architecture of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit)?
    • Are there any third-party antivirus applications installed on your device?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue? This is
      for us to know and avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you
    perform a clean boot
    to make sure no application is causing the issue.
    Clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when installing a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We look forward to your response.

MaRoselle Cag, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

i am having a very hard time installing an .msi file HELP

1. i am having a very hard time installing an .msi file HELP - Similar Threads - having very hard

2. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't install a msi file.: Hi.My laptop is not a private pc. It is associated with an organization. I can't change the "choose where to get appsa' at all. My pc edition is Windows 10 pro and the version is 22H2. Please help. Thank you....
  3. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't install a msi file.: Hi.My laptop is not a private pc. It is associated with an organization. I can't change the "choose where to get appsa' at all. My pc edition is Windows 10 pro and the version is 22H2. Please help. Thank you....
  4. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i have a problem with installing Msi files, exe is fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem with installing Msi files, exe is fine.: i get the message "this installation package could not be opened. contact the application vendor..." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-installing-msi-files-exe-is/a22bbd1a-86b0-472c-97fb-84df31de31e0
  6. i have a problem with installing Msi files, exe is fine.

i have a problem with installing Msi files, exe is fine.: i get the message "this installation package could not be opened. contact the application vendor..." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-installing-msi-files-exe-is/a22bbd1a-86b0-472c-97fb-84df31de31e0
  7. Having a hard time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a hard time: I took over my wife's dell laptop and want to remove her user acct and replace it with one of my own. I don't want to lose anything that is already on the pc under her acct. I've tried creating a different user and then giving that user sole admin status, but still had no...
  8. Having a hard time

Having a hard time: I took over my wife's dell laptop and want to remove her user acct and replace it with one of my own. I don't want to lose anything that is already on the pc under her acct. I've tried creating a different user and then giving that user sole admin status, but still had no...
  9. I can't install .MSI files on my computer. Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install .MSI files on my computer. Please help!: .MSI files aren't working on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use a .MSI file to install a program e.g. MineCraft Java Edition and pick the file destination and all that, the installer will end prematurely because I don't have enough disk space, but I have over 1 TB of...
  10. I am having a very bad time with "High CPU at idle"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having a very bad time with "High CPU at idle": It's idling at about 20-50 percent CPU. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-a-very-bad-time-with-high-cpu-at-idle/b7e156c2-0d2b-4d7e-b64f-bac47080fe9a