Windows 10: I am having an issue with an external drive

Discus and support I am having an issue with an external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Touro external drive. I can see it in my devices and printers but it is not visible on my computer. I tried some other helps I saw on here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ovione, Sep 6, 2016.

1. ovione Win User

I am having an issue with an external drive

I have a Touro external drive. I can see it in my devices and printers but it is not visible on my computer. I tried some other helps I saw on here with the disk management and also downloaded the windows Partition wizard free 9.1 but I still cannot recover my items.

Please help! This disk has all my business documents.

:)

ovione, Sep 6, 2016

2. I am having an issue on Windows 10 with stretched screen

Hello Gino,

An incompatible display driver
    is one of the possible reasons why you experience issues with your display screen after the recent update.

To resolve this, we recommend performing the suggestions posted by DaveM121, Andre da Costa and Sumit Dhiman2 in this
    thread. Quite a few people found their suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 6, 2016
  3. I am having an issue on Windows 10 with stretched screen

I suspect that something in Windows 10 caused my screen display to appear stretched and somewhat blurry. Nothing seems to work. Changing the resolution, updating drivers did not work.

Gino_Metairie, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Can you see it in disk manager if so it may just need assigning a drive letter

Samuria, Sep 6, 2016
  5. ovione Win User
    Yes, I do see it in disk manager. But it says disk 1 not inialized!

I am having an issue with an external drive [​IMG]

So, I followed another thread that suggested downloading the Partitian Wizard Free. I also tried that but did not get anything.

I am having an issue with an external drive [​IMG]

ovione, Sep 7, 2016
  6. TrustMe Win User
    Try creating a live Linux DVD or USB drive and see if you can recover your files with that. Ubuntu and Linux Mint are very popular. The same thing happen to my WD portable drive. Every time I plugged it in, Windows wanted to format it. I got lucky with Linux Mint and recovered all my files. This is the program I used to make the Flash drive.

YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I am having an issue with an external drive - Similar Threads - having issue external

2. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,: Recently I downloaded pictures from pc to external back-up drive. I am not able to view the pictures. I think I selected the wrong setting to view whats on it. Is there a way to change the setting? I get this error message: "Windows Photo viewer can's t open this picture...
  3. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,: Recently I downloaded pictures from pc to external back-up drive. I am not able to view the pictures. I think I selected the wrong setting to view whats on it. Is there a way to change the setting? I get this error message: "Windows Photo viewer can's t open this picture...
  4. I have an external back up drive, I am not unable to view the pictures,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I am having an issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue: I keep getting this error whenever I open Windows Installation Assistant and I tried searching up on a fix but there is nothing that relates to my issue, here is the proof:...
  6. I am having an issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having an issue: I keep getting this error whenever I open Windows Installation Assistant and I tried searching up on a fix but there is nothing that relates to my issue, here is the proof:...
  7. I am having an issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I am having problems opening photo's saved on a winxp computer external drive. I am trying...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having problems opening photo's saved on a winxp computer external drive. I am trying...: The photos from a win xp computer external drive will not open on my win 10 laptop. They fail to open because it says the file types are not recognized they are .jpg or .bmp. Any files saved from before 2006 will not open but those from later open ok. Before 2006 I used to...
  9. External drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drive issue: All of the sudden one of my drives stopped allowing me to access it, the device shows in file explorer but when I try to access it states the drive is not accessible due to a fatal device hardware error. Is there a way to fix this?...
  10. I am having issue with external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having issue with external monitor: I am not able to connect my external monitor with my laptop which have windows 10 earlier it is used worked and now it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-issue-with-external-monitor/dfd8b9ff-a23f-414c-8333-f53a7198fb97