Windows 10: I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,...

Discus and support I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,As the title says, I am unable to make an ethernet connection, despite the cable working perfectly in another device.When connected, it recognizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kit Habiby, Sep 13, 2021.

1. I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,...

Hi,As the title says, I am unable to make an ethernet connection, despite the cable working perfectly in another device.When connected, it recognizes that there is a cable, but says one of the following:Ethernet: No InternetUnidentified Network: No InternetIdentifying: No Internet.I have followed all of the steps in and linked in this earlier post: identifying no internet access ethernet windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityStill nothing. I bought a new ethernet card in case it is a hardware fault, and this still doesn't work. When I try to do ipconfig /releaseorIpconfig /renewit says No operation

:)

Kit Habiby, Sep 13, 2021

2. Ethernet connection issues, internet working

I have an issue where my ethernet connection on my PC sometimes fails to work even though

• all my internet home devices connected to the same connection are working perfectly
    • when I plug my wifi stick into this PC (which I used for months before I tried ethernet), it also works fine and won't come up with any issues even after I use it for months unlike my ethernet
    • my computer itself fails to detect the issue as the network is displayed as 'connected', I never get any error messages, running windows diagnostics on the connection fails to detect any problems
    I say 'sometimes' because:

• this issue does not happen every time I start my PC
    • restarting my PC 'sometimes' fixes the issue
    • ipconfig/release, ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/renew 'sometimes' fixes the issue
    • reseting my network settings 'sometimes' fixes the issue (it might just be the restart though that 'fixes' it)
    More details on this issue:

• I believe this issue may be some sort of server connection issue as:
    • the issue doesn't completely block my connection - if I wait long enough I can still google search things/ load into some webpages
    • my connection does not appear to be a speed issue - if I manage to load into youtube the youtube video loads at a normal rate, but moving between different pages in youtube takes forever
    solutions that have not worked so far:

• deleting all my hidden/unused network adapters
    • network reset
    • using google's DNS servers
    • disabling/unchecking IPV6 to force the connection to use IPV4 (I thought it might be an IPV6 issue as my ethernet status says 'No network access' for IPV6)
    other details

• my windows 10 is fully up to date

MaryBlonde, Sep 13, 2021
  3. mattyb93 Win User
    No internet via ethernet

Hello

I'm having some trouble with my connection over ethernet. Wireless works fine and the same ethernet cable works on my laptop. The problem is my ethernet on my PC. Firstly I used the windows troubleshooter and got the error "No valid IP". I checked my ip using ipconfig and it was "169.254" range. I saw online that's it's a ipv6 address. So I disabled IPv6 and restated PC still with no luck. I tried the flushdns, releasedns and renew dns. Renew dns came back with something along the lines of 'can't connect to DNS server'. I've even tried setting up a static IP. On my router webpage it says the statip ip device is connected but still not getting any internet on the PC. Windows troubleshooter now says there's no issues but still no internet. I'm on Win10. Got the PC in December and always used wireless. Ethernet has never worked.

Any suggestions will be a big help.

Thanks

mattyb93, Sep 13, 2021
  4. I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,...

Issues Connecting Newly Built PC to Ethernet

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I'm having issues getting my newly built PC connected to the Internet. I have an Ethernet cord plugged into my modem and into my PC but Windows is not detecting a connection. Any help is appreciated.

If this is of any help, my MOBO is an MSI Z97 Gaming 5.

Michaelciv1, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,...

1. I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,... - Similar Threads - having issue getting

2. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  3. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  4. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  6. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  7. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

8. Ethernet Connection in the taskbar says no internet but actually I have internet in other...

Ethernet Connection in the taskbar says no internet but actually I have internet in other...: Hi, The Ethernet connection symbol in the Taskbar changes to no internet. But I have a stable internet connection wirelessly in all my other devices from the same router. Few months ago I switched to Windows Insider Program and switched to the Dev Channel. I receive...
  9. Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet: Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet. Only internetworking with Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-with-internet-access-but-not/bc75b240-1beb-403e-bd87-171980cdb14b
  10. Ethernet connection issues, internet working

Ethernet connection issues, internet working: I have an issue where my ethernet connection on my PC sometimes fails to work even though all my internet home devices connected to the same connection are working perfectly when I plug my wifi stick into this PC which I used for months before I tried ethernet, it also...