Windows 10: I am having difficulty accessing my router configuration with Edge browser and Windows 10

Discus and support I am having difficulty accessing my router configuration with Edge browser and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have seen older posts with this issue but the discussion threads are locked with no real solution, so I am reposting the question. Initially I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by argh_711, Jan 19, 2019.

1. argh_711 Win User

I am having difficulty accessing my router configuration with Edge browser and Windows 10

I have seen older posts with this issue but the discussion threads are locked with no real solution, so I am reposting the question.

Initially I was able to access my new Netgear X4S AC2600 router configuration page at 192.168.1.1 via the Edge browser on Windows 10. It would properly bring up a login window and connect to the router.

I noticed that after I changed the Network Profile from 'public' to 'private' under connection properties (attempting to make my PC discoverable on the home network) that Edge would no longer display the login window to allow connection to the router.

Chrome browser allowed access to the router login and configuration page in both 'public' and 'private' Network Profile settings.

Upon changing the Network Profile from 'private' back to 'public' the Edge browser again successfully displayed the router login window and allowed access to the router configuration. I suspect an underlying firewall setting is being automatically changed, but cannot identify the rule/setting that is preventing the login window/access.

Is there a way to enable Edge access to the local router configuration page with a Network Profile setting of 'private'? I certainly have work arounds to configure and manage the router, but the inconsistent behavior is annoying and doesn't reflect well on the products (regardless of whether the issue is Edge, Windows 10, Windows defender or some other component in the Microsoft stack).

:)

argh_711, Jan 19, 2019

2. Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, Jan 19, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

I am having difficulty accessing my router configuration with Edge browser and Windows 10

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I am having difficulty accessing my router configuration with Edge browser and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - having difficulty accessing

2. I am having difficulty updating an app, Syncback SE, on my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having difficulty updating an app, Syncback SE, on my windows 10 computer: I am trying to update my Syncback SE app but I keep getting the following message:- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-difficulty-updating-an-app-syncback-se/a8627267-f27a-45b1-aac7-8de3e39fb5a5
  3. I am having difficulty updating an app, Syncback SE, on my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having difficulty updating an app, Syncback SE, on my windows 10 computer: I am trying to update my Syncback SE app but I keep getting the following message:- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-difficulty-updating-an-app-syncback-se/a8627267-f27a-45b1-aac7-8de3e39fb5a5
  4. I am having difficulty updating an app, Syncback SE, on my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am having difficulty in booting windows up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having difficulty in booting windows up: I have a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 PC Windows10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19042.746 Board:ASRock H81M-HDS 3.60gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790 7866Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Although I have run CHKDSK and been told my disks are healthy my pc does not...
  6. Configuring a new router

Configuring a new router: I am currently using a Linksys E2500 router behind my cable modem and everything is working. I'm going to get a new router (Asus wifi 6 capable router) that I will use to eventually replace the Linksys E2500. My question is as follows; Can I connect the new Asus router to...
  7. 'No Internet', I am able to access the internet through both my browsers Edge and Opera,...

'No Internet', I am able to access the internet through both my browsers Edge and Opera,...: G'day, I am having an extremely bizarre experience with connecting to my network internet. Windows 10 is saying 'No Internet', but I am able to browse the web with either of my browsers edge and opera, but I am unable to use apps such as Spotify and Windows Update as both...
  8. I am having difficulty removing Microsoft.Messaging for Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am having difficulty removing Microsoft.Messaging for Sysprep: Issue with trying to create an image. I continually receive this error message: “SYSPRP Package Microsoft.Messaging_3.38.22001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image.”...
  9. Access difficulties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access difficulties: please provide a solution I have difficulty running games on a laptop with the following information: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  10. Spartan browser cannot access my Router

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan browser cannot access my Router: Try to use Spartan browser on Win10 build 10056 to access my home Router but unfortunately it canot pop up the login page.so I cannot do any configuration with my router when use Spartan browser. does anyone meet the same problem? thanks. 5586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im having trouble seeing my router webbrowser

2. unable to access router through edge browser window 1809

3. edge router x This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security

4. windows 10 edge will not connect to my routers web page it just sits there showing the address